HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:58:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - January 23rd  (Read 5826 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 23, 2013, 09:49:17 PM »

Picking these two up at the LCS……
Legion of Super-Heroes 16
X-O Manowar 9

These are queuing up for my shipment next week….
ALL NEW X-MEN #5 NOW 
ALL NEW X-MEN #6 NOW 
AVENGERS #3 NOW 
BATMAN #16 (DOTF) 
BEDLAM #3 (MR) 
BLOODSHOT (ONGOING) #7
CABLE AND X-FORCE #3 NOW 
COMEBACK #3 (OF 5) (MR) 
DAREDEVIL #22 
DETECTIVE COMICS #16 (DOTF) 
FANTASTIC FOUR #3 NOW 
FATALE #11 (MR) 
HARBINGER (ONGOING) #8
HARVEST #5 (OF 5) (MR) 
INVINCIBLE #99 
JUDGE DREDD #3 
MANHATTAN PROJECTS #8 
NEW AVENGERS #1 NOW 
NEW AVENGERS #2 NOW 
SECRET SERVICE #5 (OF 7) (MR) 
SUICIDE SQUAD #16 
UNCANNY AVENGERS #3 
UNCANNY X-FORCE #1 NOW 
WALKING DEAD #106
WINTER SOLDIER #14 
WOLVERINE MAX #3 (MR) 
X-FACTOR #250 

FABLES TP VOL 18 CUBS IN TOYLAND (MR) 
SAGA OF THE SWAMP THING TP BOOK 03 (MR) 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:59:53 PM »

Picking .... up at the LCS……

Huh
I thought you were dropping this. Does this issue (or the next) finish off an arc or something?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:13:51 PM »

Awaiting for these to ship next week ...

X-O MANOWAR (ONGOING) #3
X-O MANOWAR (ONGOING) #4
X-O MANOWAR (ONGOING) #5
X-O MANOWAR (ONGOING) #7
X-O MANOWAR (ONGOING) #9
ARCHER & ARMSTRONG (ONGOING) #6
BLOODSHOT (ONGOING) #7
HARBINGER (ONGOING) #8
SHADOWMAN (NEW) #3
SAGA #9 (MR)
BATMAN #16 (DOTF)
TALON #3
THOR GOD OF THUNDER #4 NOW
INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #3 NOW
YOUNG AVENGERS #1 NOW (Had to try it)
NEW AVENGERS #1 NOW
NEW AVENGERS #2 NOW
AVENGERS #3 NOW
FANTASTIC FOUR #3 NOW
DAREDEVIL #22
UNCANNY AVENGERS #3 (Last issue)
X-FACTOR #250

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 10:37:50 PM »

Huh
I thought you were dropping this. Does this issue (or the next) finish off an arc or something?

Well my thinking was that I had already pre-ordered issue 17 and I hate having a missing issue when I put the whole thing up on eBay.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 01:38:30 AM »

-Green Lantern #16 (Rise of the Third Army)
-Green Lantern Corps #16 (Rise of the Third Army)
-Green Lantern: New Guardians #16  (Rise of the Third Army) (seems awfully strange that all 3 GL books were released in the same week)
-Superboy Annual #1 (H'El on Earth)
-Supergirl #1 (H'El on Earth)

-Star Trek: Countdown to Darkness #1 (Star Trek 2 lead-in)

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 02:12:30 AM »

Huh

Well my thinking was that I had already pre-ordered issue 17 and I hate having a missing issue when I put the whole thing up on eBay.

Understand. But ... if you pre-ordered 17, did you forget 16?  Wink

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 02:20:32 AM »

I had actually just added Legion back onto my pull list last month.  My drop/add relationship with Legion is a long a sordid tale.   Wink

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 04:32:34 AM »

I had actually just added Legion back onto my pull list last month.  My drop/add relationship with Legion is a long a sordid tale.   Wink

Grin Ahhh, I understand completely

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 11:54:26 AM »

And I thought gay relationships were hard to figure out.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 12:48:37 PM »

Grin
ZING!!!

(But then again, you're not alone in that regard ... so are the hetero ones  Wink)

By the way, Rodney, and totally going off topic for this thread, but is the term "straight" (a word I originally used but then changed it to "hetero" and thus the cause of all this) a derogatory term for the GLBT community or you in particular? I had never given it much thought ... as a "straight" male, but I could see were it could have a demeaning aspect. I being straight while you are not, must translate to mean that you are crooked, or some other analogical, wanton inspired word.

I am assuming the term "straight" is probably from the caricature image of the "limp wrist" symbolizing gay, though that is just total supposition on my part, but if so, I can see where it can be considered as a mocking element. However, "straight" could also come from a Naval term or some Old English terminology. The origin of the word is not really the point however Cheesy as much as my original query ... (see what I did there?  Wink)

Anyway,I certainly hope that word is not one that offends as I:
1) Believe there are waaaay too many words out there that have been deemed "insensitive" by waaaay too many groups that should be worried about waaaay many other things.
2) Would not want to offend you, my fellow Realmer

But regardless, it would be good for me to know so I don't unintentionally hurt anyone's feelings ... or when I want to ... Wink

EDIT - Just want to apologize to the board for hijacking the thread and to Rodney if I stepped over a line and should've just kept my mouth shut.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:53:53 PM by Perry » Logged

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 01:32:54 AM »

Grin
ZING!!!

EDIT - Just want to apologize to the board for hijacking the thread and to Rodney if I stepped over a line and should've just kept my mouth shut.
 Smiley

LOL... I am not remotely offended. I like your line of thought.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 02:18:53 AM »

Grin

YAY!!

Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS