HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:46:19 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who is the Real Leader of the JLA? Batman or Superman?  (Read 5934 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: January 20, 2013, 05:09:46 PM »

Well, what do you think? Is it the heart of the JLA, Superman? Or is it the brains of the JLA, Batman?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 06:24:05 PM »

Tough one as you pretty much explained what makes them both leaders in different ways. But as I am avid hater of Supes, I will never admit to him being worthy of said title. Sooo ... Batman.

Though I always preferred the issues that highlighted the less powerful members, I guess none of those could qualify as "Leader". Certainly not Elongated Man.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 07:13:53 PM »

Tough one as you pretty much explained what makes them both leaders in different ways. But as I am avid hater of Supes, I will never admit to him being worthy of said title. Sooo ... Batman.

Though I always preferred the issues that highlighted the less powerful members, I guess none of those could qualify as "Leader". Certainly not Elongated Man.
 Grin

I always thought Captain Atom would do a fine job, since he has a tactical military mind, and he's shown that he knows when also to use his head over just following orders.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:28:52 PM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 07:23:58 PM »

True, though I only really liked him when he went to the Wildstorm universe in ARMAGEDDON. That was a fun mini

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 01:18:56 PM »

Superman is still the benchmark and an inspiration to greatness.  The heart.

Batman has a plan that he may or may not let others in on, depending on his (or the plan's) needs.  He's just there to get the job done, but not big on much else.

Superman is a "General" type guy.  Batman is the "black-ops" guy.

Superman leads the team while Batman comes up with a "plan b."

I always thought Captain Atom would do a fine job, since he has a tactical military mind, and he's shown that he knows when also to use his head over just following orders.

I recall reading some DC Encyclopedia showing where Captain Atom lead something called "Justice League: Task Force"... I'm fairly sure that was the name.

They would go after possible threats instead of being a reactionary team like the JL.  A similar idea to Force Works, The Outsiders (Winnick era), and, from what I hear, Secret Avengers.

The team looked very 90's with Booster in heavy armor and Beetle looking more Spider-man-ish.

Did anyone read it?  How was it?
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 05:50:04 PM »

It was Extreme Justice that he led. Task Force was led by Martian Manhunter and was more of a trainee team. Both books were terrible, though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS