HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:39:28 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the hobbit  (Read 4252 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: December 30, 2012, 06:13:42 PM »

anybody seen it yet?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 07:00:44 PM »

Not going to ... in the theaters anyway. Hate theaters. Hate them more when a 3 plus hour movie is involved.

(Still can't believe they stretched this to three freaking movies  Angry Angry)

I will patiently await the DVD release.  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 07:06:25 PM »

saw it and loved it.  probably the best 3D I've ever seen (48fps no less).  it was different than most in that the 3D was designed so much to come out at you like most films but to pull you in...the depth of field was insane...really felt like you were there and could easily walk into the screen and keep going all the way to the Lonely Mountains.

acting and direction was solid, special effects were spot on in most cases but the extra clarity of the 48fps revealed a bit more that i think it should but nowhere to the level some of the critics were complaining about.

Well worth the trip the the theater and it clocked in at just under 3hrs Perry Wink
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 03:45:18 AM »

saw it at the IMAX and was very impressed by the 3D (or perhaps my astigmatism just wasn't acting up as much).  a group of friends came to visit and we went and took the kids with us.  my friends 2 sons loved it but my 8 year old daughter thought it was a tad slow (which it kinda was at the beginning) but she warmed up to it when the fighting started.  the kids were most enamored by the older couple who dressed as elves including pointed ears.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 04:13:36 AM »

... and it clocked in at just under 3hrs Perry Wink

Ahh, so not as bad as I feared.  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 01:02:17 AM »

I went and saw The Hobbit today. Can't say I hated it, it was a good movie in it's own right. Any Tolkien or fantasy fans should go see it. Great production values and budget, and a lot of Middle-Earth lore packed into it.

But at the same time, I can't say that I loved it either. It was just too silly at times. It seemed as if the movie never took itself seriously, which really bothered me. I mean, this wasn't some low-budget production where that sort of thing belongs, nor was it supposed to be a comedy. A little humor here or there is a good thing, but it was just too much here.

I hope the sequel is little more serious, since it looks like it's gonna deal with Smaug.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS