HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:23:04 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oblivion Trailer - Awesome Looking Sci-Fi Film  (Read 6849 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: December 17, 2012, 11:18:44 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3Mt9yiz6k

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 04:25:41 AM »

Does look sweet. A movie that is based on a graphic novel, and that graphic novel has yet to be released.  Cheesy

I like the look of the new Will Smith Sci-Fi one also

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 02:14:48 PM »

When people online starting talking about this "Oblivion" film my mind went to Phantasm.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 04:15:52 PM »

...  my mind went to Phantasm.

Saw that when it originally came out when I was about 13. Scared the hell outta me.  Cheesy That F'n ball screaming through the hallway, the image of Hell through those two poles in the floor and of course those damn "Satan Jawa's"
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 04:44:31 PM »

...  my mind went to Phantasm.

Saw that when it originally came out when I was about 13. Scared the hell outta me.  Cheesy That F'n ball screaming through the hallway, the image of Hell through those two poles in the floor and of course those damn "Satan Jawa's"
 Cheesy

Really? Phantasm never made me flinch as a kid. I couldn't understand how silver balls could be so freaking scary. And the tall man, while weird looking, never looked all that scary looking to me. Admittedly, I was exposed to more horror than the average kid should be with my dad around, though.

The original Nightmare on Elm Street, and Day of the Dead scared the piss out of me when I first saw them, though.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »

Really? Phantasm never made me flinch as a kid.

Well sure, by then (I am thinking you are about 15 years younger than me) there were tons of more up-to-date horror flicks that could push more of the "terror" envelope with visuals, but in the late 70's, for a kid never exposed to that kind of movie (my parents were a lot more strict on my viewing habits) ... yeah ... scared the shit outta me.
 Grin

EDIT - So did JAWS by the way. Living right by a beach, and being young, that was not a fun movie for me to see.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:43:05 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 02:57:08 AM »

Finally watched this last night and watched it again tonight with the wife.

awesome movie. I really really really liked this one.  If you haven't seen it, check it out.

Excellent flck.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 12:06:35 PM »

Yep, great flick.

(And I thought I was behind on my movies ... jeez)
 Cheesy

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 07:31:07 PM »

Yeah, I just watched this one too recently on cable.

Tom Cruise still puts out some great movies in my opinion.  This one didn't disappoint and had some pretty cool scifi twists.

Liked how Jamie Lannister was in the movie too.

They said that this movie was based on a graphic novel....anyone have a chance to seek it out or read it?  I'm curious now.....

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 03:27:05 AM »

Liked how Jamie Lannister was in the movie too.

I noticed that too and thought it was great.

They said that this movie was based on a graphic novel....anyone have a chance to seek it out or read it?  I'm curious now.....

Yeah I think that is disingenuous since it is based on a graphic novel that never got published.  They made it into a movie instead of publishing it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS