HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:20:43 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BEDLAM - BY NICK SPENSER AND RILEY ROSSOMO  (Read 5097 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 21, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »

Oh......my......gosh.........

This was awesome!

Nick Spenser, writer (Morning Glories), and Riley Rossomo, artist (Proof!) have created one of the newest, most twisted villains in MADDER RED since Heath Ledger's Joker in The Dark Knight.  Fans of Kick Ass and Hit Girl are going to love this comic.

I read this last night and woke up this morning still thinking about how diabolical this guy is - pure evil.

I don't want to spoil it so I'm just gonna say....

YOU HAVE TO PICK THIS UP!!!!  TODAY!!!!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 03:42:55 PM »

Would have jumped on it if not for Rossomo. Not a fan of his "super fast" art style. I dealt with it for PROOF (giving both guys my money), but even though I have heard good stuff ... skipping this to save my eyes.

Of course, saying that, you do have me intrigued.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 04:26:38 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 06:45:39 PM »

I know what you mean about Riley's art but it seemed to work here.  What I really like is how a lot of the comic is in black and white - except for the color RED.  Really adds to the mood.

The solicit was not lying:  "A double-sized introduction to a blood-soaked cityscape of murder, mayhem, and mystery."

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 09:12:12 PM »

Sounds awesome!

I haven't read it yet, but Riley Rossomo is on ANOTHER Image book?!

The man is a work horse!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:45:31 PM »

Just got back from my boy's with a pile of comics and read this one (Even though I still have my pile to go through  Angry)

Still not a fan of Rossomo's style, though I did find it kinda cool in the B&W with red outlay pages, but I thought the writing was done well enough. Spencer still needs a little work on pacing (the main reason I stopped getting his MORNING GLORIES), but his 'Joker style' villain does enough 'crazy' to make me want to read the next issue.

Hitting issue #2 in a bit and going to start working my way through all my comics as well. Getting to the point I may as well stop buying if I don't start reading.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 10:12:49 PM »

Sadly, less impressed with issue 2. Art that bothers me was more pronounced in this issue and felt the writing kinda jumbled the issue a tad.
I can see why people enjoy it, but Rossomo pretty much just kills it for me. He is not bad, just not a style I enjoy so the writing needs to really make up for the loss (like Waid does for Yu's art in HULK) ... and it isn't.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS