HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:05:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Uncanny X-Men NOW!  (Read 4197 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 16, 2012, 04:02:29 PM »

Looks like the NOW universe will have it's share of multiple X-Men titles.  And I think everyone know's how much I LOVE Bachlo's art on X-Men titles.   Roll Eyes

UNCANNY X-MEN #1
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W)
CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
Variant Cover by GABRIELLE DELL’OTTO
Variant by JOE QUESADA
Sketch Variant by JOE QUESADA
Blank Cover Variant Also Available

The true flagship book of the X-Men returns. In the wake of the Phoenix, the world has changed and is torn on exactly what Cyclops and his team of X-Men are – visionary revolutionaries or dangerous terrorists? Whatever the truth, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, and Magik are out in the world gathering up new mutants and redefining the name UNCANNY X-MEN.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

UNCANNY X-MEN #2
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
Variant Cover by Frazer Irving
• There is a mole on Cyclops’ team, but who is it?
• When you hunt the UNCANNY X-MEN you use Sentinels, but when you find out WHO’S DOING THE HUNTING your jaw will drop!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Despite my loathing for Bachalo's X-Men art I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted by Bendis writing Magneto, Magik and Emma Frost.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 04:16:34 PM »

Grin
I fall on the opposite side. Give me Bachalo art's over 'team book Bendis' and anything X.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 01:13:29 AM »

I gave in and picked up issues 1-3 and will pick up issue 4 this week.

I so want to love this book but I know ultimately Bachlo's art will get on my nerves.  That said its not a bad book. Not sure why they added the kids because really they are just a distraction.  It would be a better book with just Mags, Magik, Emma, Cyclops and the Time Bubble girl (can't remember her name).

One annoying thing that's not limited to this book but why do all the X-books seem to have a different Avengers team hunting them down?  Kind if a one trick pony if you ask me.

Anyway, if you like Bachlo's art you might want to pick this up. I see some good conflict coming between these characters. Especially since their powers are all jacked up from the Phoenix stuff last year.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS