HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:58:13 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: has anyone read bomb queen?  (Read 5476 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: November 16, 2012, 03:20:17 AM »

if so...what do you think of it?  was thinking of picking up the first trade and see how i like it.....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 03:41:32 AM »

Found the issues I tried, which I believe was issues 1 and 2 of the second mini, to be somewhat adolescence in tone and dialog. Not shocking considering the character, I admit, but I was hoping for more of a Deadpool crazy-style humor and I got more of a "here, pull my finger and look ... BIG BOOBS" style humor.

Not that it is just a comedy book, there were some aggressive themes and panels, but even those felt more juvenile than dramatic. 

Sorta like if Dr. Doom was running around wearing nothing but a Speedo, flipping his junk out every now and making absurd, homoerotic decelerations toward his enemies.

But hey, you may enjoy it.  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 04:44:38 AM »

I thought about trying it out a couple of years back but I think Perry talked me out of it (unintentionally i'm sure).   Wink

Let me know what you think if you get it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »

i added the first trade to my order this month.  still on the fence about it, but it IS only $7.

and perry...nothing wrong with big boobs, man.  nothing.   Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 02:46:39 PM »

i added the first trade to my order this month.  still on the fence about it, but it IS only $7.

For $7 it is worth a try to see, for sure.

Grin

Except when they're attached to my ex.  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »

For $7 it is worth a try to see, for sure.

Grin

Except when they're attached to my ex.  Grin

there's still nothing wrong with the boobs...just their presentation. Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 11:08:46 PM »

Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS