HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:00:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cyberforce #1 (2012)  (Read 6838 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: October 20, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »

So I just finished reading this, and am I glad it was free. If I paid for this, I'd feel ripped off.

This was supposed to be a 1st issue, right? Could have fooled me. By the end of it, I was more confused than reading an issue of Final Crisis. What's with all these "generations" of super-humans? Why are these armored guys chasing this girl? Who are the armored guys? Why are all these ex-Cyberforce members crawling around in the sewers like rats? And why are they so eager to kill this girl they've never met when they were heroes? (Well as hero as heroes got in early 90s Image Comics.) I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING!!!

And to top it all off, I've see MUCH better artwork come from Silverstri than I saw in this issue.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 04:20:22 PM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 12:10:18 AM »

So I just finished reading this, and am I glad it was free. If I paid for this, I'd feel ripped off.

Sad
Damn. Was hoping this would be good. Makes it easy to cut, when they start charging, I suppose.

And to top it all off, I've see MUCH better artwork come from Silverstri than I saw in this issue.

Wasn't he just doing covers?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »

Well if that is the case, my point still stands. That's not the most impressive cover I've seen come from him, either.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 07:38:39 PM »

Well if that is the case, my point still stands. That's not the most impressive cover I've seen come from him, either.

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 02:32:56 AM »

Haven't seen mine yet but I wasn't expecting much to begin with so maybe ill like it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 01:25:39 PM »

A really hard to follow story here.  The flashbacks upon flashbacks... too much for me.
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 02:12:37 PM »

Read issue #2.  Much easier to follow than issue 1 though not a ton happened.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 04:16:49 PM »

Read issue #2.  Much easier to follow than issue 1 though not a ton happened.

Are you peaked enough to buy this when it stops being free?

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 06:06:23 PM »

Are you peaked enough to buy this when it stops being free?

Probably not.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 06:59:00 PM »

Yeah, that is what I am hearing pretty much everywhere. Shame as they had a nice idea of giving away so many issues JUST to hook people.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS