HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:37:41 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walking Dead Returns Sunday, October 14  (Read 27092 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 10:49:07 PM »

They all carry the 'virus', but it lies dormant in the brain held in check by 'antibodies'.
They turn when they die ... when their brain dies ... and the 'antibodies' in the brain are no longer alive and able to fight the turn.
Much like death, the bites activate the dormant virus when saliva enters the blood stream and in time reaches the brain, killing the 'antibodies' that are holding the virus in check . By cutting off the limb before the saliva can enter the blood stream and work its way to the brain, they essentially stop the virus (or whatever it is) from activating.

??

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:27:08 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 02:43:36 AM »

They all carry the 'virus', but it lies dormant in the brain held in check by 'antibodies'.
They turn when they die ... when their brain dies ... and the 'antibodies' in the brain are no longer alive and able to fight the turn.
Much like death, the bites activate the dormant virus when saliva enters the blood stream and in time reaches the brain, killing the 'antibodies' that are holding the virus in check . By cutting off the limb before the saliva can enter the blood stream and work its way to the brain, they essentially stop the virus (or whatever it is) from activating.

??

Works for me!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 05:41:32 AM »

Finally!

Not exactly like comic but I still liked it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 02:17:32 AM »

Nowhere near the impact the comic had, sadly.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 04:37:21 AM »

Nowhere near the impact the comic had, sadly.

It made me tear up a little, especially when Rick just dropped to the ground the way he did.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 12:04:12 PM »

I can see that, and perhaps I am/was just spoiled from the mere knowledge of what happened in the book, but the pure shock and the way it happened there really floored me.

The show got me more with Dale, but then again, that was different than the book  Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 02:01:45 PM »

i thought having Carl shoot her was a nice touch.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 03:53:59 PM »

Ahhh, but did he?
  Cheesy

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »

Ahhh, but did he?
  Cheesy

Yeah, Rick is going to be blaming himself real good for this series of events.  He thought the walkers would take care of that Andrew fella if he just left him out in the prison yard, but as we just witnessed, he was pretty scrappy!

I did a dance of joy though when Tdog died.....worst character ever.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 02:38:50 AM »

That chick that Daryl likes (can't remember her name) is still out there too, and they think she's dead because they found her scarf next to T-Dawg's unrecognizable body.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »

That chick that Daryl likes (can't remember her name) is still out there too, and they think she's dead because they found her scarf next to T-Dawg's unrecognizable body.

Carol

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 04:05:51 AM »

Episode 5

Another good episode. This season is really moving along at a better and faster pace.

So I'm wondering...did they actually find Carol dead last week?  If not then what did they bury? I'm confused because I know she made it out the door.

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 10:08:45 PM »

I think the assumption is that Carol is dead. If memory serves, the only remains found was a piece of clothing.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 08:24:52 PM »

i really like how the show doesnt exactly follow the path of the comic, but damn if it wouldn't have had a HUUUUGE impact if it had happened like it does in the comic.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 12:09:39 AM »

I think the assumption is that Carol is dead. If memory serves, the only remains found was a piece of clothing.

Yeah, they found a piece of her body, but it was next to T-Dawg's unrecognizable body. A zombie grabbed it as T-Dawg was slamming into the zombies to let Carol by. They assumed T-Dawg's unrecognizable body was her body. I never saw anything to show she died.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS