HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 11:39:20 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5 Favorite and 5 Worst Fast-Food Chains  (Read 7497 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: September 02, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »

What are your 5 favorite and 5 worst fast-food chains?

5 Favorite:

1. Sonic's Drive-In - Such awesome burgers and so many tasty drink combinations. Plus fantastic ice cream treats. And if that doesn't tickle your fancy, then how about a sandwich, hot dog, tacos, chicken fingers, chili; the selection is amazing!

2. Quizno's Subs - Man am I in love with their toasted subs. So tasty. And they don't skimp on the meat, cheese, and sauce (*cough*Subway*cough*), which is the best part of the sandwich, IMO. That Mesquite Chicken sandwich is heaven on bread.

3. Taco Bell - What can I say? I like tacos.

4. Long John Silver's - I'm also a sucker for seafood. And there's just something about Long John's Silver's batter.

5. Carl's Jr. - Best fast-food chain burgers you can get, IMO. Of course BBQ or mom & pop places are often better, though.

5 Worst:

1. Panda Express - They have the nerve to call that crap Chinese food?

2. Wendy's - Everything is just so bland there.

3. Pizza Hut - All the ingredients taste cheap. Which sucks because they do have good ideas for pizza like cheese-stuffed crust.

4. Subway - Because they think a sandwich should be 80% lettuce.

5. Jamba Juice - Because I'm a grown man and I don't drink my meals.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:36:13 PM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 01:25:31 AM »

Favorite:

1.  Whataburger - I think you can only get these in Texas but they are the best fast food hamburgers around.  And the best breakfast taquitos
2.  McDonalds - That's right - I love their breakfast burritos as well as quarter pounders.
3.  Sonic Drive In - The variety is good and the food is too.
4.  Taco Bell - Taco Supreme...yum
5.  Chic-Fil-A - best chicken nuggets and chicken strips around.  Very Yum.

Worst:

1.  Chipotle - I can eat there but i'm not really a fan.

Honestly can't think of any others that I hate.  I can usually find something to eat just about anywhere.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 11:59:13 AM »

Don't do too much fast food any longer, but when I was on the road I lived off that junk. I still sneak some in every now and then so if I had to rate them -

Top 5

5) KFC - 13 original spices will always find a home in my gut
4) Hardees - Known as Carl Jr's in parts of the U.S. Their Monster Burger is death on a bun. Love it.
3) Qdoba - Owned by Jack In The Box, it is similar to Chipotle (Owned by McDonalds), but with taste.
2) Fire-House Subs - Best Turkey/Ham sub anywhere in the U.S.
1) Taco Bell - fake meat and all, just love this cheap place

*Please note - Long John Silvers, Sonic, Rallys (known as Checkers in parts of the U.S), Subway, Chik-Fil-A, Quizno's, Burger King, Wendy's, Arby's and Zero's can easily take a spot in fourth or fifth at any given time, depending on my mood.
 Grin

Bottom 4

4) Pizza Hut - Wouldn't consider it fast food, but yes, they have gotten bland over the years.
3) Chipotle - Just an okay place. Not as seasoned or tasty as Qdoba
2) McDonalds - Just horrific food. Still crave a Big Mac from time to time however.
1) Churches Chicken - Never ate there. Walked in to two different locations and walked back out. Nasty looking.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 01:46:45 PM »

Would Boston Market be considered fast food?  If so it would be in my top 5.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 01:55:04 PM »

Damn, forgot all about them. Haven't been there in years

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 04:49:01 PM »

The Boston Market commercials just tease me. The place looks fantastic, but we don't have one anywhere within reasonable driving distance.

The same thing applies to Golden Corral. Man do I want to try out that chocolate waterfall.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 12:32:24 PM »

Favorites:

1.  In-N-Out:  A southern California institution.  If you come to California, you will fall in love with these burgers.
2.  Carl's Jr - Mainly for the Double Western Cheeseburger.  That thing is delicious.
3.  Sonic - They got a good variety of food which I like.  Tater Tots and Chicago Dogs are some of my faves.
4.  McDonalds - Grew up on the stuff, and still love it to this day.  Best french fries for me.
5.  El Pollo Loco - Tasty flame broiled marinated chicken.  Sure beats fried chicken.

Worst:
1. Taco Bell - I'm from California so I have so much better choices for Mexican food.  Give me authentic over this Americanized crap any day.
2. Chipotle - Overpriced and overhyped.  If you have to pay more than $5 for a burrito this size, it's a ripoff.
3. Chick-fil-A - Not a fan.  Just ok to me....give me beef over chicken any day.
4. Panda Express - I'm asian, so I can spot crappy Chinese food a mile away.  Fried rice and chow mein is just horrific at this place.  Dry as hell.
5. Long John Silvers - What the hell is a hushpuppy?  I feel like crap everytime I eat at this place.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 11:40:57 PM »

1.  In-N-Out:  A southern California institution.  If you come to California, you will fall in love with these burgers.

I'm from California, born and raised. And I just don't get the love to In-N-Out Burger that runs rampant over here. It has a VERY limited menu selection. The burger patties are thin and flimsy and feel like a rip-off to me (where's the beef?). And for being all-natural, home-grown fries as they advertise, they taste like oil-absorbed crap to me; give me McDonald's or Burger King fries over those any day, they're crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, rather than flimsy and soft feeling all-around like In-N-Out.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:45:44 PM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 11:58:28 PM »

They opened the very first In-N-Out Burger in Texas up the road from us.  We now about 5 or 6.  But I still waited until I was on a business trip to California to try it out.  My double cheese burger was pretty good though not good for me!

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 02:05:21 AM »

I'm from California, born and raised. And I just don't get the love to In-N-Out Burger that runs rampant over here.

With In-N-Out, you either love it or hate I have found.  The limited menu is on purpose.  They keep it simple.  Their burgers are the star, so why complicate things.  I'm born and raised in So Cal too, and I find that there is no other burger like it, when it comes to freshness.  You can really tell that nothing is frozen and all the ingredients are fresh.  And the freaking cheese and meat just melt in your mouth.

I feel you in regards to the fries, I prefer others, but have you tried the "Animal Style" fries?  Basically their fries topped with melted cheese and thousand island.  Freaking good.  And if the fries are a little on the oily side for you, you can ask for them "well done", and they will be a little crispier.  Another non menu special, if you crave more meat in your bun, ask for a 3x3 or a 4x4....hahahaha

My double cheese burger was pretty good though not good for me!
Double-Double with grilled onions is how I like it!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS