HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:20:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Inception  (Read 6135 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 27, 2012, 04:23:15 AM »

We just watched this for the first time.  Wow!  This was a fun movie.  Talk about a mind trip.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 05:24:56 AM »

And I thought I was behind on shit.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 05:38:04 AM »

I wasn't too impressed with it. It felt overly-complicated. Like the movie was just trying too hard to be smart.

Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 08:08:44 PM »

I wasn't too impressed with it. It felt overly-complicated. Like the movie was just trying too hard to be smart.

I disagree. I thought it was brilliant. No one takes chances like this with movies anymore. If you watch it a second time you may see it differently. I got a lot more of the movie with a second viewing, mainly because I didn't know what to expect going in.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 09:51:48 PM »

I really enjoyed it.  I loved the multiple layers of dreams and the time difference in each level.  And even though it was a lot to wrap your mind around it didn't seem confusing.  The quick takes between levels and the slow motion drop of the van....just brilliant.

Definitely would enjoy watching it again.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 06:03:20 AM »

Inception didn't try hard to be smart....it was smart.  I thought it was pretty spectacular in the scope of the story and special effects, and I'm a big fan of the entire cast.

This movie does drain me mentally when I watch it though... Grin

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 11:25:41 PM »

So if it was smart, then what was the point of going so many "levels" into the dream? The first couple times, it made sense, the whole risk vs. reward thing going on in the story. But after that, come on! It just got to be too much.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 02:05:05 PM »

It was explained in the movie, but damn if I can remember. Been a long time and I have piss poor memory. HA

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 10:21:35 PM »

It was the whole point of the movie, and the reason that it was named "Inception".

They needed to plant an idea in Fischer's (Cilian Murphy's character) head, and have him believe that it was his own (inception). Therefore the idea needed to be planted so deeply that he wouldn't recognize it as being suggested by someone, he would think that it was his idea and then he would act on what they wanted him to.
In the other times they went into people's dreams, they weren't planting an idea, they were just gathering information.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 11:30:33 PM »

Yeah, I knew it was simple, but damn if I could remember. HAHAHA.
Yes, basically ... to implant the idea, they had to go that layered route. Me remember now.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 12:21:12 AM »

Well to each their own. But I thought it was too overly complicated for it's own good. There's plenty of smart sci-fi out there that isn't so complicated.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS