HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:19:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Poll
Question: What "Geek" Movies Are You Most Looking Forward To The Most?
Dredd - 0 (0%)
The Hobbit - 3 (50%)
Guardians of the Galaxy - 1 (16.7%)
G.I. Joe: Retaliation - 0 (0%)
Iron Man 3 - 0 (0%)
The Man of Steel (Superman) - 0 (0%)
Resident Evil: Retribution - 0 (0%)
Star Trek 2 - 1 (16.7%)
007: Skyfall - 1 (16.7%)
Other (Please List) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What "Geek" Movies Are You Most Looking Forward To The Most?  (Read 6950 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: August 12, 2012, 12:28:57 AM »

So we talked about what movies have wowed us so far this year. But what about movies we're looking forward to?

What "Geek" Movies Are You Most Looking Forward To The Most?

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:53:46 AM »

i cant decide between star trek 2 and iron man 3.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 02:56:21 AM »

oh...and then there's "Skyfall"....

robert downey jr made me fall in love with tony stark/iron man again...
jj abrams made me fall in love with star trek again...
daniel craig made me fall in love with bond.  james bond again...

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 04:30:40 AM »

oh...and then there's "Skyfall"....

Oops, I'll add it.

Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »

Hard to choose fom that list. I picked Star Trek 2, simply because I loved Abrams' take on the last one.
My choice would have easily been The Hobbit until recently when they announced that they were making it into 3 movies as opposed to 2. This just screams cash grab to me. I can't see how they can stretch that out into 3 movies, even with adding in all the appendices.
I am also extremely excited for Skyfall and Iron Man, and strangely enough, for Man of Steel. I think Zack Snyder will do Supes up right this time.
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 04:24:09 PM »

Hard to choose fom that list. I picked Star Trek 2, simply because I loved Abrams' take on the last one.
My choice would have easily been The Hobbit until recently when they announced that they were making it into 3 movies as opposed to 2. This just screams cash grab to me. I can't see how they can stretch that out into 3 movies, even with adding in all the appendices.
I am also extremely excited for Skyfall and Iron Man, and strangely enough, for Man of Steel. I think Zack Snyder will do Supes up right this time.

Really? Aren't the 2 movies already filmed, though? Maybe we'll get lucky and the 3rd one will be The Silmarillion.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 02:04:37 AM »

I went with Hobbit.  Fellowship of the Ring is one of the best screen adaptations these eyes have seen.  So epic and breathtaking in scope that I thought would be impossible to capture.  I have no doubt in my mind that the Hobbit will be just as awe inspiring. 

I read that they will be adding a lot of stuff, not included in the books.  Cash grab or not, I know it will not disappoint for 3 films....

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 11:19:14 PM »

I'm looking forward to a lot of these for the same reasons others gave.

But I had to go with Guardians of the Galaxy.  Can't wait to see Groot and Rocket Raccoon on the big screen!   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 12:49:14 AM »

I went with Hobbit.  Fellowship of the Ring is one of the best screen adaptations these eyes have seen.  So epic and breathtaking in scope that I thought would be impossible to capture.  I have no doubt in my mind that the Hobbit will be just as awe inspiring. 

I read that they will be adding a lot of stuff, not included in the books.  Cash grab or not, I know it will not disappoint for 3 films....

I went with The Hobbit, too. Lord of the Rings Trilogy was magnificent, and I'm hoping this will be too.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 12:59:30 PM »

Bond. James Bond

Almost chose Guardians, but until I see a preview, just scares me.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »

So many (possibly) great movies on the horizon....makes for a very hard choice...but having seen the imax 3d preview for the Hobbit, i really had no other choice.  not only is peter jackson back but he is filming with state of the art 48fps 3d cameras...this is just going to be beyond awsome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS