HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:14:24 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Judd Winick leaving Batwing  (Read 3734 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: August 25, 2012, 07:55:58 PM »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40664

Judd Winick leaving “Batwing”

Saying that he’s pursuing other projects that “make it impossible” for him to continue doing a monthly book, “Batwing” writer Judd Winick has announced he plans to leave the title at an as-yet-unannounced date.

In a statement to Newsarama’s Vaneta Rogers, Winick said his leaving the title is “simply a time issue." He told Rogers last month that he is writing and drawing on an all-ages graphic novel.

Although he could not confirm his final issue, Rogers points out that he is solicited as the writer of the title through at least issue #14.

Winick left “Catwoman,” the other DC Comics title he helped relaunch last year as a part of the New 52 initiative, earlier this year. Writer Ann Nocenti takes over “Catwoman” with September’s “zero” issue. He also wrote September’s “zero” issue of “Green Arrow.”

The announcement comes at the end of a somewhat chaotic week for DC Comics regarding their talent, as Rob Liefeld announced he has left “Deathstroke,” “Grifter” and “Hawkman” in order to “preserve my sanity.” DC Comics has not revealed their future plans for "Batwing," "Hawkman," "Grifter" or "Deathstroke" yet, but stayed tuned to CBR for more news as it hits.

What's going at DC Comics? First Liefeld, then Winnick.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 10:08:45 PM »

Sounds like they are cleaning house.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 02:37:04 AM »

Sounds like morale over at DC is at a low point for 2012.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS