HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:16:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fantastic Four  (Read 4272 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 23, 2012, 11:42:24 PM »

FANTASTIC FOUR #1
MATT FRACTION (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A)
Cover by MARK BAGLEY
Artist variant by DAVE JOHNSON
Variant Cover by JOE QUESADA
Sketch Variant by JOE QUESADA
F4/FF Connecting Variant Cover by MARK BAGLEY
Young Baby Variant by SKOTTIE YOUNG
Blank Cover Variant Also Available
Four adults. Two kids. One “car.” NOW! begins a journey through all of infinite time and space.
32 PGS./Rated T ...$2.99

Matt Fraction and Mark Bagley?  Yeah I'll give it a shot.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 02:36:20 AM »

Cool
Fantastic Four? Well, yeah. Of course I am there. I would buy this title if Hudlin, Guggenheim or Loeb was writing.

Please don't ever let Hudlin, Guggenheim or Loeb write Fantastic Four.

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 03:00:07 PM »

FANTASTIC FOUR #2

Well, the space traveling family is still on Earth (until the last page) and slow-burning this title with introductions of the FF to the 'temporary four'. YAWN. Of course, having said that, I am still eager to see what happens in issue #3, when we finally get off Earth and into realms of the unknown.

I will say that Bagley, who I normally can give or take, is doing his best work ever on this title. He has softened his caricature style a little and it it looks a lot better. Of course I may be giving him a little too much credit as he is doing one thing that I really appreciate. Drawing the Thing in a way that looks good. Many artist that I like just can't draw the Thing worth a damn. Artists such as; Mike Weiringo (probably the worst) and even the mighty Byrne always made our blue-eyed Thing look odd. Bagley is one of the good ones however and he gets props from me for that.

Again, not much happening here other than "Hi ___, meet ____.", but the issue is written well enough. Just an average comic, but gets a point bonus for proper Thing art. Next issue will be the deciding issue for me.

6 outta 10 Tedious introductions

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS