HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:44:41 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rob Liefeld Quits DC: ‘The 0′s are my last issues’  (Read 12582 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: August 23, 2012, 10:06:27 AM »

Rob Liefeld has talked about quitting DC before, but it looks like this time it’s for real — and with a firm end date.

On Twitter, the writer/artist stressed that it was his choice, saying he “Officially got off the DC52 treadmill this morning,” and “I believe in what DC is doing, but had to preserve my sanity.” He continued, acknowledging, “This is the 4th time I quit in the last 4 months. This time it will stick.”

Liefeld is currently writing and drawing Deathstroke, and plotting and co-scripting Grifter and The Savage Hawkman. In a Tweet, Liefeld said that September’s “0′s are my last issues,” which would be contrary to what’s been solicited for October and November, with each month listing Liefeld in his current roles on the three books. He disclosed that Scott Clark, who has been illustrating Grifter, will be replacing him on Deathstroke, and that long-time Liefeld associate Marat Mycheals will “continue the work on Grifter.” In further tweets, Liefeld addressed his reasons for leaving, including, “Massive indecision, last minute and I mean LAST minute changes that alter everything. Editor pissing contests,” and, “Last week my editor said ‘ early on we had a lot of indie talent that weren’t used to re-writes and changes..made it hard’. Uh, no, it’s you.”

Liefeld has been involved with The New 52 since its inception, first as the artist (and later writer) of Hawk and Dove, which ended after eight issues. In January, one day after the news of Hawk and Dove‘s cancellation, he was announced as coming on board Deathstroke, Grifter and Hawkman.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 06:04:03 PM »

And then the ass goes on twitter and starts calling everyone out. Saying his editor kept making last minute changes and the artist he was working with was the reason sales stayed low. Yeah, he of all people started calling out his artist ... in a public forum.
And this is not the first time he has thrown people under the bus.

Screw him.

He is a puck ass, no talent hack that should never be hired by anyone again. You heard me me. PISS OFF LIEFELD

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 11:11:32 PM »

And then the ass goes on twitter and starts calling everyone out. Saying his editor kept making last minute changes and the artist he was working with was the reason sales stayed low. Yeah, he of all people started calling out his artist ... in a public forum.
And this is not the first time he has thrown people under the bus.

Screw him.

He is a puck ass, no talent hack that should never be hired by anyone again. You heard me me. PISS OFF LIEFELD

Didn't he used to have a forum here? Did he create bad blood here?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 01:22:26 PM »

Didn't he used to have a forum here? Did he create bad blood here?

Yes. Alex had set aside a forum for him here. It worked about as well as I thought it would. Liefeld brought all of his fans over, and they talked while the rest of the Realm peeked in from time to time but basically avoided the forum altogether. It was really like having two separate boards.

And there was no bad blood on my end until he, once again, recently started throwing people under the bus for no damn reason.

When Perez left Superman he blasted DC like Rob just did and I have no problem with that. I mean, creators bashing "the man" is pretty fun, in an anarchist kinda way, but when creators start slamming fellow artists or writers publicly ... for no reason other than to slide fault away from them ... I think that is as cowardly as you can get. And when Rob Liefeld, an artist (and I use that term loosly) that knows something about being slammed by ... everyone, starts slamming another artist, I find that incredibly shallow and moronic.

I asked him why he was talking so bad about a fellow artist. Actually, in all honesty, it was a little more snarky than that as I believe I said "Really? You are going to talk bad about another artist? Really?

His reply - "Piss Off"

I guess he showed me.

Anyway, we are talking about an artist that has never even tried to improve his 'art'. He is still just as lazy as he once was, and I find it incredulous that he would have the gall to speak ill of any other artist, regardless of how good or poor they are at their craft.

But no, there is no bad blood between him and the Realm. Maybe me ... a little. (of course, I guess I should have his editor ... Just realized I called him a 'puck-ass' instead of the more excepted - 'punk-ass') Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 01:30:04 PM »

Below you will find a link to Bleeding Cool, where they have posted the most recent Rob Liefeld Twitter rant all brought into one document. It is nothing special and have fun reading it if you choose, but you should really just scroll down, past where he and Tom Broovort get into it, and check out the very bottom of the page, where the ASS Rob Liefeld comments on the artist that was working on his book he was writing and agian, this is just the most recent time

Ahhh, Rob Liefeld The kettle is returning your call.

CLICK HERE

EDIT -
Oh, to make it easier ... Here is good ole Rob's comment about said artist

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:34:21 PM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 04:34:14 PM »

So now, Rob says to Scott Snyder
" Get over yourself you pretentious prick "

WOW!!!!

Okay, enough of this. Moving on.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 10:46:56 PM »

Lol.  Did you see where Snyder said to Liefeld "Your Twitter feed is the best thing you've written all year."

Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 07:08:56 PM »

Liefeld's Deathstroke Origin close to Perez's version? Maybe a tad?

Thanks to Bleeding Cool - HERE

Just gotta love it

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 06:34:35 PM »

After looking at that last link....it's official....Liefeld disgusts me...

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 06:36:32 PM »

After looking at that last link....it's official....Liefeld disgusts me...

Good call. Disgust is the appropriate word for me as well.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 06:51:57 PM »

Wow. Anyone know if maybe DC told him do that?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 06:54:39 PM »

It could be an homage to the original creators - did he even mention them in the book?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 07:02:14 PM »

It could be an homage to the original creators - did he even mention them in the book?

To me, that wouldn't matter. Not for this size and scale. The article didn't show the entirety of the pages either.

Hell I enjoy homages. I love seeing different takes on great covers like the Superman holding the dead Supergirl, or the Giant Size X-Men cover, or countless others, but to me, that is where the homage ends ... taking a well known image and reproducing it in various styles or with different content. This, this "copying page after page" is total and utter crap.

Whether DC told him to do it, or told him it was okay, or he did it on his own, Perez should be getting at least half of his page rate. Period. Not only for copying page after page, but copying it in that horrible, lack of talent style of his.
 Angry

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »

This is not the first time that Liefeld has swiped a panel...he's notorious for it....

This guy is out of ideas...

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »

This is not the first time that Liefeld has swiped a panel...he's notorious for it....

This guy is out of ideas...

And yet he criticizes other creators?  Unbelievable.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS