HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:42:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Poll
Question: What Was Your Favorite "Geek" Movie of the Year So Far?
The Amazing Spider-Man - 0 (0%)
The Avengers - 5 (62.5%)
The Dark Knight Rises - 2 (25%)
The Hunger Games - 0 (0%)
John Carter - 0 (0%)
Men In Black III - 0 (0%)
Prometheus - 1 (12.5%)
Total Recall - 0 (0%)
Other (Please List) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Was Your Favorite "Geek" Movie of the Year So Far?  (Read 5429 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: August 08, 2012, 05:19:12 AM »

What Was Your Favorite "Geek" Movie of the Year So Far?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 01:07:02 AM »

I went with the Avengers but I liked it and Dark Knight equally for different reasons.  Avengers had more pure adrenaline so I went ahead and went with that.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 05:05:27 AM »

I'm going against the crowd on this one. It was Prometheus for me. I've heard a lot people say "meh" about it, and I just don't understand that response. The movie was atmospheric, creepy, and just so sci-fi at the same time. They don't make movies like this anymore. It wasn't trying to be stylish, slick, or pander to certain audience. It was simply trying to tell us a good science fiction story, and I felt it did the job quite well. It had the feel of one of the original Trilogy Alien movies, which I loved.

Don't get me wrong, The Avengers and The Dark Knight were fantastic super-hero movies. But I've seen plenty of those as of late. Prometheus was a great breath of fresh air for me.

Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:54:32 PM »

It was Prometheus for me. I've heard a lot people say "meh" about it, and I just don't understand that response. The movie was atmospheric, creepy, and just so sci-fi at the same time. They don't make movies like this anymore. It wasn't trying to be stylish, slick, or pander to certain audience. It was simply trying to tell us a good science fiction story, and I felt it did the job quite well. It had the feel of one of the original Trilogy Alien movies, which I loved.

I agree with you on Prometheus. I really loved it for the story and the questions it posed afterwards.
However, I went with the Dark Knight Rises. It was epic in so many ways, tied the trilogy up very nicely (I thought), and was just an overall great movie from start to finish. Avengers was a lot of fun, absolutely, and a great movie.  TDKR just gave me the drama and tension and emotion that I wanted from it.
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 02:57:10 AM »

i had to go with avengers just for the sheer scope of it and what it means to the future of super hero flicks.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 01:06:04 PM »

AVENGERS

Tongue

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 10:42:09 PM »

yes gentlemen i had to choose Avengers...i really enjoyed both spiderman and batman rises but i left A with a huge smile on my face...one i havent had since the 1st ironman opened.  it hit all the right notes, it was perfectly paced, the actors were great with sharing screen time without ego.  it just worked on all levels.

very excited Joss has signed on until 2015 and look forward to the next wave of movies

oh yea... also saw the 3d imax trailer for The hobbit...oh my god...this is 3D done right, never have i seen something so immersive, i really felt i was in Bilbo's house...cannot wait for Dec
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS