HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:24:02 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: dark knight rises  (Read 14128 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: July 21, 2012, 03:02:26 PM »

saw this yesterday.  thought it was better than spider-man but didn't hold a candle to avengers. 

Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 05:28:49 PM »

I haven't seen it yet. But the movie has been tainted by Colorado.

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 12:44:27 AM »

No. That is what that asshat wants.

Going tomorrow. JUST for that reason. Anyone here can tell you I aint a theater guy, hate them, but this ass isn't winning one god damn point from me.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 12:59:58 AM »

I saw it Friday at 12:01 a.m. and I'm going to see it again tomorrow in IMAX. it was as close to a perfect ending to the trilogy as I could have imagined.

It's not the non-stop action piece that Avengers was, but it's a smarter movie.

As an aside, hi-five to Perry and anyone else who says FU to this p.o.s. in Colorado and goes to see the movie anyway.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 01:04:55 PM »

I saw it last night and it's awesome.  It might just be the high from having just seen it but I immediately thought it was the best of the three.  And that's high praise considering how great the first two are.

Plot twist caught me by surprise which rarely, if ever, happens.  I immediately thought, how did I not see that coming?  All the clues were there.

Great movie and I will be seeing it again.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 01:11:37 PM »

No. That is what that asshat wants.

Going tomorrow. JUST for that reason. Anyone here can tell you I aint a theater guy, hate them, but this ass isn't winning one god damn point from me.

I will admit that there is one scene I felt uncomfortable in because it mirrors the event in Colorado, though not in a theater.  And I literally thought on the way home that's probably no way we'd get Perry in a theater for this one knowing how you normally feel about theaters.  Good for you.  Glad your taking this stand because I think your right.

I don't think the movie is forever tainted.  A year or two from now and, sadly, that event will be a blip on people's memory. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 01:21:47 PM »

saw this yesterday.  thought it was better than spider-man but didn't hold a candle to avengers. 

I think they are two different kind of movies and shouldn't be compared.  Avengers is more of an experience while Dark Knight is a deeper exploration of character.  Neither is better than the other because they are both great in what they are trying to accomplish. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »

Just got back from the 10 AM showing.

Thought it was ... okay. Certainly like the first better and probably the second as well. This didn't seem like a 'Batman' movie as much as a Gotham Central movie. Wasn't bad, just wanted more Bat. The last 30 minutes was the best part, so there is that (better to end high than start high and finish with less).

One thing I will say is Anne Hathaway, who I though was a terrible choice for Catwoman, made me eat my words as she was spectacular in the role. She really impressed me.

On the 'WTF' moment - How was it that
they enter the Stock Exchange before opening bell (9:00 AM) and then minutes later, after they escape with hostages, they are being chased through Gotham AT NIGHT
Huh?
 Roll Eyes

Again, not a bad movie and glad I went (just for the stance if nothing else), but just ... Avengers is waaaay better.  Grin

(But then again, Maybe I am just bitter about seeing all my Steelers getting gobbled up by Gotham)  Grin
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:11:28 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 07:20:06 PM »

Good. The Steelers suck.

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »

Good. The Steelers suck.

Cheesy
Yeah,
SIX TIMES !!!!!!

Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 12:51:34 AM »

Plot twist caught me by surprise which rarely, if ever, happens.  I immediately thought, how did I not see that coming?  All the clues were there.

Jeff, I said the exact same thing to my wife as we were leaving the theater, if you're talking about the twist that I think you are. I was totally caught off guard, and then wondered how I didn't see something so obvious. My only explanation is that I was so engrossed in the film that I wasn't looking for it.  I was just enjoying the ride. 

Perry, I have to disagree with you and say that I think that this was so much more than an "ok" movie. Your opinion is what it is, I just can't see "average" anywhere in the movie. I'm disappointed that you didn't enjoy it more  Undecided
I do agree with you that I wish there had been a little more Bat, but the experience as a whole blew me away.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 01:14:04 AM »

Perry, I have to disagree with you and say that I think that this was so much more than an "ok" movie. Your opinion is what it is, I just can't see "average" anywhere in the movie. I'm disappointed that you didn't enjoy it more  Undecided

Well "okay" may have been under selling it a little  Grin, but yes, still not as good as 1 and 2 (at least to me). I went in wanting a Batman movie and, like I said, I left feeling like I got a Gotham movie. Wanted more superhero in my superhero movie ... or something.
 Grin

Again, not bad a movie and "okay" was perhaps an unwarranted summation resulting in a little less praise than I meant, but I was kinda disappointed I wasn't enthralled by it, so I guess I left that comment as more of a feeling of sadness.  Still, it was a good movie, but compared to 1 and 2, this was what it was ... #3.
 Undecided

Of course it is not lost on me that the two Realmers praising it the most have Batman avatars  Cheesy

And yes, I joke you both for not seeing what you should have seen coming  Wink Comic Fans?  Wink

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 02:40:14 AM »

ok...can someone answer this for me, please?

at the end, when blake goes and retrieves the bag full of stuff containing the coordinates to the cave and all...how did he know about the bag?  did i miss something?  was it something he had stashed away for safekeeping or did bruce leave it to him and if bruce left it....how did he relay the message to blake to go get it?

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 03:20:59 AM »

Loved it!

I really loved it. It managed to thread together several big Batman stories without losing a beat. I agree that the Batman cannot be evenly compared to Avengers, but I know it will be. Marvel built and achieved something that DC has not tried yet, so I cannot compare that level of achievement to a stand alone trilogy where Bats did not have the rest of his league with him.

As for Blake, he is great at deduction and I think he had a little help just like the light.

I do not want to spoil anything for anyone. The twist was good, since it was a movie I think most of us were going with what we were told over what we knew.

Great movie!

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 11:37:40 AM »

ok...can someone answer this for me, please?

at the end, when blake goes and retrieves the bag full of stuff containing the coordinates to the cave and all...how did he know about the bag?  did i miss something?  was it something he had stashed away for safekeeping or did bruce leave it to him and if bruce left it....how did he relay the message to blake to go get it?

Only if you tell me why
Bane kept the thousands of police officers buried under Gotham, fed and watered

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS