HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:45:07 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Justice League International" Ends With Issue #12  (Read 2258 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 16, 2012, 09:52:08 PM »

It looks like "Justice League International" #12 will be the final issue of the series. Revealed today by DC Comics on its blog, The Source, the series helmed by writer Dan Jurgens and artist Aaron Lopresti is set to end in an issue that features "the funeral of Rocket Red" and during which "several members resign from the team." The somewhat quiet reveal of the series end by DC follows last week's announcement of "Justice League International Annual" #1.

While the full August 2012 solicitations do not include the FINAL ISSUE note, CBR has confirmed with DC that "Justice League International" #12 is indeed the end of the current series' run, but the publisher did not comment on the circumstances of the title's end. The issue is also the only entry noted for August as the final issue. Considering the most recent Diamond sales estimates have the book far from the least-selling DC title, the ending is most likely story driven -- but should the book end, what would replace it?

The series ending comes about three months following the highly anticipated launch of the New 52's "Second Wave," which makes timing decently awkward for launching another new #1 issue in September. However, it seems likely the publisher would want to have a title to replace "Justice League International." In fact, Editor-in-Chief Bob Harras has heavily implied that publishing 52 main books in the DCU is the publisher's comfort zone.

"I think our comfort zone right now is 52," Harras said in January. "I think that's a nice number and it's worked very nicely for us so far."

Although no other information is currently available about the final issue of "Justice League International," it seems likely the publisher has a greater plan for the cast of the book that will be revealed in time. Even if the book does get completely cancelled, it's unlikely it will be the end of the characters in the DCU.

"It doesn't mean these characters are going to go away," Harras told CBR in January following the cancellation of six New 52 books. "One thing I really think is exciting is you will see O.M.A.C. land in another book. You will see Hawk and Dove land in another title. This is the fourth time I've used this term, so again I apologize, but we are world-building. These characters, even if their books are going way, they are still part of the DC story. We'll still be seeing them."

Case in point, "Justice League International Annual" #1 features an appearance by O.M.A.C. and spins out of plot threads in "Justice League" #12.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS