HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:32:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hunger Games  (Read 4667 times)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« on: April 20, 2012, 12:34:31 PM »

4 wks at #1 is a pretty good feat for any movie nowadays, especially leading into the summer movie season.

so, did anyone else see this?  I got dragged by my daughter and son to see this and it was pretty good.  the story is pretty derivative...mix between the lottery, running man and any number of gladiator films but the strong female lead set it apart form the rest.

I would have like a little more meat on the characters and more insight into this society but it set the groundwork for the next movies

direction was decent but a lot of close up in action scenes makes it difficult see really see what is happening especially during the fights.  this makes sense since the director is really trying to do this in a first person point of view so the hectic/jumpy photography makes you feel as if you are there...unfortunately not always successfully.

of course your millage may vary
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:13:43 PM »

Watched it and enjoyed it.  Like Battle Royale in many ways....

Looking forward to the sequels.

Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 03:11:36 AM »

I liked it. Not as much as the book, of course, but I still really enjoyed it.  Looking forward to the sequels as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS