HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:49:09 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope  (Read 3857 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 19, 2012, 08:27:41 PM »

The Dallas International Film Festival is running this week and my brother in law usually works the festival chauferring people around.  He sent me a text today about this movie playing tonight and it sounds fun.  I'm gonna go check it out.

Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope

http://secure.dallasfilm.org/festivalfeature/id/22191984701895582

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 09:35:16 PM »

Yeah this one has been in production for a couple years.  Should be good....it has the guy who did Super Size Me attached to it.  Hopefully it gives a good idea on how it is to attend San Diego Comic-Con from all perspectives.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 04:57:32 PM »

It was really good.  If you have been to any Comic or SciFi convention you'll relate to it.  Heck, even if you haven't you'll get a good view of what its like.

It basically follows 5 different people who are going to the Con.  Two guys who want their portfolio's reviewed, 1 girl and her costume team who've built elaborate Mass Effect costumes for the Masquerade competition, one guy who wants to propose to his girlfriend at the Con, and the owner of Mile High Comics for the vendor point of view.

All 5 experiences I found fascinating. 

Especially interesting is the perspective you get from the owner of Mile High Comics and how comics have been pushed to the back now because of Hollywood.  For example, they aren't allowed to use the loading dock because Lucasfilm owns it.

The hoops the guy who wants to propose has to go through to get the ring (at Comic Con) without his girlfriend seeing him is hilarious and very endearing.

Great cameo's & interviews with a host of stars who have always been fans - including Kevin Smith and Joss Whedon (both are Executive Producers).

And of course - it's not a Comic Con movie without Stan the Man Lee.   Grin

If it comes to your area - go see it.  It was a lot of fun.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 02:05:14 PM »

If you have DirecTv you can now watch this on Pay Per View.  Watch it - it's worth it!

Here's a link to the movie trailer.  It's funny too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN41gXXUlLI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS