HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:32:01 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A vs X  (Read 29823 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 11:41:37 AM »

You maybe right, Jeff, but from what I've seen on the interwebs ... every comic site out there is having some sort of

Special spotlight on the life of Xavier or a "remember when" about the guy. Even one about the many deaths of Xavier

Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2012, 11:53:06 AM »

Nate is probably right then.  Bummer.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2012, 04:06:42 AM »

Hello,

I too wish more had been done with and will be done with Xavier. Never understood him giving up his school and home to Scott. I understand the situation, but not that particular act. Or the disdain some of the students have for Xavier who built a place and an instutition that is their salvation.

I always hope for more with this character!

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2012, 06:01:35 PM »

Where in the hell is Cable?!

Just heard he is in a coma. I have no idea where or when that happened as I avoid the X-Books.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 07:03:45 PM »

Where in the hell is Cable?!

Just heard he is in a coma. I have no idea where or when that happened as I avoid the X-Books.

He's recovering from his battle against The Avengers to protect Hope. During which the Techno-Organic Virus started to fully take over his body. But then Hope harnessed some of the Phoenix Force that was approaching Earth and completely healed Cable of the Techno-Organic Virus. That all happened before Avengers vs. X-Men started.

But now we're nearly at the end of Avengers vs. X-Men, 11 issues in, and he still hasn't recovered. I think that's a bunch of BS considering he was healed by Hope of the Techno-Organic Virus completely, and he knows Hope is in danger which he has an obsessive concern over her.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2012, 11:24:50 AM »

I'm finally getting around to reading this....gonna start issue #7 in a bit, but I had some random thoughts....

-Thank god Oliver Coipel is drawing part of this series......JRJRs art is terrible.  He's really putting no effort into his artwork nowadays, and it shows.  I swear they just give him jobs just because of his name, and not his talent.  I really have come to hate it in a short amount of time.  Please tell me that JRJR doesn't come back on to finish out this series.....
-I like Cyclop's costume design for his Phoenix 5 outfit a lot.....sure beats the plain and dorky get-up he was wearing as an X-Man
-Geez I have been out of the loop for awhile....since when can Xavier walk?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2012, 02:36:17 PM »

I just honestly don't know what happened to J.R.JR's art. I use to love his stuff. Look at his run on AMAZING SPIDER-MAN during the 80's. His work on the original CONTEST of CHAMPIONS. Almost all of his early stuff. Now it is so sketchy, boxy and un-clean ... just WTF?

I know why Marvel hires him though, he is one of the very few artists left that can pump out a monthly comic. (What the hell ever happened to that? Are artist's nowadays just lazy?)

Oh ... sorry for the hijack. Please carry on.
 Smiley

HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2012, 04:12:25 PM »

i agree with you perry.....JRJR's work went from good to worse.

back to the subject at hand.....I noticed something even more crazy in this series.....Colossus is now Juggernaut?!?  Then who the hell is Colossus?  Juggernaut?  I'm so confused......and this is one of the reasons I stopped reading the X-Men a few years ago!!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »

i agree with you perry.....JRJR's work went from good to worse.

back to the subject at hand.....I noticed something even more crazy in this series.....Colossus is now Juggernaut?!?  Then who the hell is Colossus?  Juggernaut?  I'm so confused......and this is one of the reasons I stopped reading the X-Men a few years ago!!!

Same here. All I have heard is that Colossus is now in procession of the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak. How he got it, what happened to Marko and where he is now I have no idea.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2012, 04:37:23 PM »

It happened during the "Fear Itself" crossover event.  I hated it then and it never got better.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2012, 05:02:28 PM »

Ahhh, kinda remember that now. And no, Glenn, no need to read that horrible Marvel event, if you haven't already. And in fact, all 'event' hate aside, that had to be one of Marvels worst events ever. Or does that go to ATLANTIS ATTACKS?

HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2012, 05:10:59 PM »

Ahhh, kinda remember that now. And no, Glenn, no need to read that horrible Marvel event, if you haven't already. And in fact, all 'event' hate aside, that had to be one of Marvels worst events ever. Or does that go to ATLANTIS ATTACKS?

Fear Itself....I got a little over halfway through it, and got bored.....maybe one day I'll check it out....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2012, 05:26:35 PM »

Fear Itself....I got a little over halfway through it, and got bored.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That is exactly how I JUST described it, mere seconds ago, in the new topic I started about events.  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2012, 06:00:12 PM »

.....maybe one day I'll check it out....

Seriously Glenn, don't waste your time.  It's really not good.  Ends with a meaningless death that is made even more meaningless with the characters resurrection the next month in his own series.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS