HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:31:50 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MANHATTAN PROJECTS by Hickman  (Read 11726 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 23, 2012, 03:38:25 AM »

ISSUE #1

(W) Jonathan Hickman (A) Nick Pitarra, Cris Peter INFINITE OPPENHEIMERS' What if the research and development department created to produce the first atomic bomb was a front for a series of other, more unusual, programs? What if the union of a generation's brightest minds was not a signal for optimism, but foreboding? What if everything... went wrong? Welcome to THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS, a brand new, ongoing, monthly comic from the creators of THE RED WING. Brought to you by award-winning writer JONATHAN HICKMAN and possibly the best new talent of the year, NICK PITARRA, THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS is a look at history through a darker, much stranger, lens.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read this last night and really liked it.  Hickman is taking us down an unexpected path involving the men on the Manhattan Project.  I love the little things - like the man locked in cell.  Nice twist at the end (though predictable) to pull you in for the series.  I am glad I picked this up.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:32:43 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 05:55:11 PM »

Enjoyed the hell outta this. Loved the insanity and ending. My favorite part was about the 'Death by paper-cuts'
 Grin

Also, don't mess with Einstein  Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 06:30:18 PM »

Issue 4

Einstein.

Well,  I certainly didn't see THAT coming!   Shocked

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 02:19:32 AM »

Issue 4

Einstein.

Well,  I certainly didn't see THAT coming!   Shocked

Just read it. Wowza. Yeah, I guess that is why you don't mess with Einstein.  Cheesy Question is ... is 'Blue' Einstein able to reopen the door from that 'Red' side? And how freaking confusing is that question for those that have not read the book?
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 03:34:54 PM »

I've been catching up on titles I had dropped but was still interested in using Comixology.  Just caught up on Manhatten Projects and WOW! Looks like I dropped it at the wrong time.

I'm thinking I should pick this up in trade.  Thoughts?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »

On my trade list. Like most Image books.  Grin  Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 08:19:35 PM »

I've been getting his other series East of West in trade.  I've read Vol 1 & 2 and I think you should try it.  It's different from what he normally does.  It's set in the future with an old west theme.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 08:53:48 PM »

Yeah, I've read the first 3 issues. It's okay, but it's built a little "deeper" than I wanted to go at the time. Certainly will be an addition sometime in the future though
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 02:45:40 AM »

MP was so out there. My buddy stopped reading it about 5 months ago.

East of West... yah, a bit more than I wanted to read of that.

God is Dead...yowza, but fun for a bit.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 03:37:39 AM »

Just saw last months sales figures and I am shocked that Hickman's MANHATTAN PROJECTS HC was freakin all the way down at #83 on the trades sales list. 83??

People ... what the hell?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 07:23:23 PM »

Just thought of this when I placed my Saga HC back on the shelf and saw my Manhattan Projects HC ... is Hickman still doing this book? I see that he did a book in March, but not sure if that is a one shot or not and I don't see where he has released anything else since 2014

Cry Cry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 07:43:37 PM »

Looks like he stopped the regular series after issue #25. 

He's doin a mini now called Manhattan Projects Sun Beyond The Stars. (At least I think its a mini)

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 08:03:07 PM »

Yeah, I see that hit in March, but have not seen anything else. Almost like it was a one-shot? Hmmm, one more place I can check

EDIT - Okay "Manhattan Projects is back with all new stories ..."
Damn, forgot to add that to my list.
 Angry
CRAP, and East of West also!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:05:17 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 02:36:58 PM »

Such a weird book. Kinda fun to read, but I remember getting to a certain time in the series where I really wondered what the 'point' was anymore in some of it. Also, I had long breaks between reading, so certain elements broke down for me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 03:01:11 PM »

Oh, no, I can see how you would feel that way, Jimmy. I think you are among the masses in thinking so. I believe that is why they are kick starting it over again (and I don't mean "KickStarter" kick starting of course)
 Wink
I think the sales may have just started to decline and they decided to start over. I have not looked at any sales reports however, so please know that is pure speculation. It could als be that they told the stroy they wanted to tell in that first volume and are now just moving to another.

I have no idea because I haven't read past issue ... 3 or 4 yet. I have my HC of the first 10 issues or so, but I haven't cracked it open.
 Undecided

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS