HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:03:49 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Captain Marvel  (Read 6697 times)
Branden
HR Vigilante

« on: March 13, 2012, 07:56:42 AM »

http://www.comicvine.com/news/off-my-mind-why-ms-marvel-should-be-the-next-captain-marvel/144413/

I agree with this article. I think Ms. Marvel should be the next captain Marvel. What do you guys think? Agree or disagree?

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 12:44:17 PM »

I believe it should be a reconstruction of Genis-Vell (The only Captain Marvel, other than the original, I have cared for).
 Wink

If it is to become Ms. Marvel, and stay Ms. Marvel, they will have to have a new Ms. Marvel within 7 years (I think) to keep the naming rights anyway, so why not just keep Ms. Marvel, Ms. Marvel. I like her for what she is and I think she is a great character. With her history, it makes sense to switch her, but I would even rather have a new character in the roll. Perhaps ... oh I don't know ... a CAPTAIN. A captain of something. Anything.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 08:27:52 PM »

It appears that it IS Ms. Marvel:

http://www.comicvine.com/news/wondercon-2012-confirmed-ms-marvel-to-become-captain-marvel/144433/

- Hitgirl
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 08:34:44 PM »

Yeah and she looks like she is from the old Marvel TEAM AMERICA comic

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:54:20 AM »

My first reaction is that that costume and haircut are gawd awful.  Might grow on me but for now, yuck.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 03:03:50 AM »

I'm hating the costume and hair too. And from what I saw in the first issue, the comic is not gonna be worth the new look. Pretty forgettable issue.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 03:18:41 AM »

I'm hating the costume and hair too. And from what I saw in the first issue, the comic is not gonna be worth the new look. Pretty forgettable issue.

Bummer.  Her last series was pretty good.  They should have kept that going.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 01:14:32 AM »

Issue #6

Best issue of the series so far. I loved how Helen, Carol's mentor, tried to steal her powers. But, in the end, let Carol win. She was trying to show her that she really wanted her powers. Great story. Fantastic art.

10/10

- Hitgirl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS