HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:39:34 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Terry Goodkind  (Read 5262 times)
Branden
HR Vigilante

« on: March 04, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »

I couldn't find a forum for novels, so I'm using this one.

Who here is a fan of Terry Goodkind?

I've read all of his novels (as well as his short story, Debt of Bones) and loved every single one. Any other Goodkind addicts on here?

If not, who's your favorite writer?

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:12:28 PM »

Who here is a fan of Terry Goodkind?

I've read all of his novels (as well as his short story, Debt of Bones) and loved every single one. Any other Goodkind addicts on here?

If not, who's your favorite writer?

Not a fan but not a hater either. I can read him, if I have the time. But there-in lies the rub ... I find his pacing slower than Stephen Kings and while that is great for descriptive narrative, the exposition can bog down the flow of the book. Not bad, but as I usually don't read novels until I am closing out the day, relaxing in bed, his style of prose does not benefit my sleepy head.
 Grin

I prefer fast novels like Charlie Huston's for their pace and first person narrative or Peter David's (both original books and Trek related) for their humor. It just helps me stay awake a little longer.

Going to someday get through that damn Wheel of Time series I have been trying to get to and try those damn Shannara novels ... then perhaps I will give Terry another go.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 08:16:21 PM »

If you want a faster paced book, you should pick up Debt of Bones by Terry Goodkind. It's a short story so he paces it a lot faster.

- Hitgirl
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 02:56:02 AM »

never read any goodkind.  will have to check some out.  right now, i am reading the game of thrones series by george rr martin.  halfway through book 4, the only problem is i started book 1 last summer.  8 months to read 4 books?  i just don't have the time to read like i used to.  i used to be able to read a 500-700 page book in a little over a week but my life is a little too hectic right now. 

some of my favorite authors are stephen king, brian keene, RA Salvatore, and dean koontz.

Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »

Then you might not want to check out Goodkind, if you don't have the time. His books are usually 700 - 900 pages.

- Hitgirl
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 09:30:41 PM »

Then you might not want to check out Goodkind, if you don't have the time. His books are usually 700 - 900 pages.

i'll check him out when the kids are grown and out of the house. Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS