HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:48:49 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Men  (Read 4855 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: February 22, 2012, 12:01:31 AM »

anyone watch this after "walking dead"? 

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 12:26:11 AM »

I have it on TiVo but haven't watched it yet.  Is it any good?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:53:39 AM »

It's okay......Trying to give us a glimpse at a day in the life of a comic shop employee...lots of it is incredibly staged, and in all honesty, Kevin Smith is the only reason to keep watching (I love his movies, but he's barely relevant nowadays).  Walt is incredibly annoying, and I'm embarassed for Ming their whipping boy.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 11:05:26 AM »

I agree with Glenn.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 01:00:28 PM »

the whole thing with jason mewes last week....

all i can say is "what th--?"

HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »

the whole thing with jason mewes last week....

all i can say is "what th--?"

He looks like crap nowadays....obviously just bumming around, and he pissed away any fame and money that he gained being in Kevin Smith's films.

I went to a wizard comic convention years ago, and stood in line to get an autograph from him once.  He's as flaky as he is portrayed on screen.  I ended up waiting over an hour because he would get up every 5-10 minutes for a smoke break. And mind you, I was towards the front of the line.  He's is perpetually high on crack or weed if you ask me.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 02:42:14 AM »

well that last episode was infinitely better than the others.  how about the stash that the last guy came in with?  wow.  i used to work in a comic shop and if that guy had come in...i would have been sorely tempted to try and get the books from him cheap. 

HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 05:56:20 AM »

well that last episode was infinitely better than the others.  how about the stash that the last guy came in with?  wow.  i used to work in a comic shop and if that guy had come in...i would have been sorely tempted to try and get the books from him cheap. 

Yeah, this episode was easier to swallow, but for some reason Walt bugs the hell out of me.  That guy that inherited those comics from his grandmother was just too cool for words.  I think he knew that he was sitting on a valuable stash.  With the internet and other tools at our disposal, you'd be hard pressed to find someone to let anything go for dirt cheap anymore.

Unless you're the guy who scored a set of CGC'd Secret Wars from some seller who probably had no interest in comics and just wanted the quick sale.  Grin

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 03:41:55 AM »

Yeah, this episode was easier to swallow, but for some reason Walt bugs the hell out of me.  That guy that inherited those comics from his grandmother was just too cool for words.  I think he knew that he was sitting on a valuable stash.  With the internet and other tools at our disposal, you'd be hard pressed to find someone to let anything go for dirt cheap anymore.

Unless you're the guy who scored a set of CGC'd Secret Wars from some seller who probably had no interest in comics and just wanted the quick sale.  Grin

i would let my set of secret wars go for $300 in a HEARTBEAT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS