HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:14:22 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Android Apps  (Read 3303 times)
krono0666
HR Vigilante

« on: February 11, 2012, 05:05:52 PM »

So I finally took the plunge and joined the ranks of the DROID army.  So much more complex than my last phone...  a little overwhelming.

Anyway, does anyone have any favorite apps you can recommend.  Anything from games to the mundane to the odd.  Fun... productive... any suggestions would be appreciated.

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »

Don't really use a lot, but there are tons out there.

Games - Only two (three) I really play, although yes, everyone is tired of the birds now. haha
Angry Birds - Just an addictive slingshot, tumble the tower game.
Angry Birds Seasons - Same game, but with seasonal themes
Frozen Bubble - three in a row, launch based game

Apps I use
 Shazam - Fantastic music app. Hear a song but don't know or can't remember the name ... or who sung it? Just hit Shazam, hold your phone up to the song and BAM ... Title, Band and Album.

Flashlight - Turns your camera flash into a great, bright flashlight. Great for those unexpected power outages.

GOOGLE Earth - Incredible map tool. Check out Italy on the comfort of your sofa

Mirror Mirror - Turns your phone into a mirror. great for those impromptu, nose hair checks before a date  Grin

Touch - Multi person trexting. Great for this site actually. May start a group. We all join and whenever someone posts a text, it goes to everyone in the group.

Hey Tell - Voice messaging. Instead of typing you talk and hear. Notifications come through like a text message, so you don't have to listen right away, if you need to wait.

Those are the ones I really use. And I haven't been  on the market to look for more in a looong time. God only knows what is there now.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS