HR Boards
January 29, 2023, 08:55:03 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters October 6, 2023!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Superheroes - HBO Documentary  (Read 3014 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« on: February 08, 2012, 08:06:52 AM »

I don't know if we ever discussed this show, but did anybody else watch it?  What did you think?

It's about the growing movement of ordinary citizens, who take on masked personas, to stop criminals and help their surrounding communities.

At first glance, these guys seem to have a screw loose......but by the end of the documentary, I can actually see that they do accomplish good things. 

Love how Master Legend chugs a few beers while on patrol!  Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 05:37:33 PM »

Was funny as hell but also very sad.

I mean, I felt bad for these people. There is a certain manner of disconnect you have to have with comics or comic heroes and these guys ... not so much.

\\\\\\\"I do not have OCD. I know. I\\\\\\\'ve checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don\\\\\\\'t. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times\\\\\\\"<br />David Mitchell
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 06:29:48 PM »

It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt.....unfortunately, I think these good guys stand more of a chance of putting themselves in harm's way.  Walking out in the street late at night to draw muggers and rapists into the open is not the smartest move, and neither is confronting a drug dealer and telling him to take a hike!

I did like the guys that helped the homeless people with food and water and supplies though. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 01:00:55 PM »

I did like the guys that helped the homeless people with food and water and supplies though. 

Yeah that was nice of them, but still creepy/sad  Grin

\\\\\\\"I do not have OCD. I know. I\\\\\\\'ve checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don\\\\\\\'t. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times\\\\\\\"<br />David Mitchell
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS