HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:10:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bionic Man by Kevin Smith  (Read 4634 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 09, 2012, 12:09:04 AM »

Is anyone reading this?

Issue 6 came out today and I'm really tempted to pick the first six issues up.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 07:54:39 PM »

Ok - I picked up the first 8 issues of this and I have to say that over all I like the series so far.

I'm giving this a thumbs up and a recommendation BUT it does deviate from the TV series in a few ways that will be annoying to any purist.  But it has all the main players - Steve Austin, Oscar Goldman, Jamie Summers, and even Rudy

Since I bought all of the issues at the same time I can safely say that this will read good in Trade.  The origin story spans across the first 4 issues.

Kevin Smith does a pretty good job so far.  I'm on board this series for awhile.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 12:37:41 AM »

Glad you are digging it, man.

By the time I got around to my 'Indy' kick, it had already been out for too many issues for me to back track it. Perhaps in trade

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 12:46:39 PM »

Issue 12

The first issue without Kevin Smith and probably my last.  Like that they brought Bigfoot into it but the writing isn't grabbing me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS