HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:38:55 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Red Wing by Johnathan Hickman  (Read 4947 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 23, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »

Read issue 1 last night.  Good read and lives up, so far, to what I expect from Hickman.

Ending cliffhanger was a little predictable but I'm interested in where it goes from here.

Anyone else reading?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 05:48:17 PM »

thought it was a typical Hickman ... great.

I find him to be my next Ellis, as Ellis has apparently decided to stop doing comics.
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 10:14:42 PM »

thought it was a typical Hickman ... great.

I find him to be my next Ellis, as Ellis has apparently decided to stop doing comics.
 Angry

Psssst.  Check the new writer of Secret Avengers.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 12:45:16 AM »

Yeah, forgot about that.

I stopped getting the title when I saw what was going on in the previews for his first issue. Seemed very UN-Ellis.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 10:43:52 PM »

Read issue 1 last night.  Good read and lives up, so far, to what I expect from Hickman.

Ending cliffhanger was a little predictable but I'm interested in where it goes from here.

Anyone else reading?

Yep.  I liked it for the most part.

The book looks great with the art, layout, and pace of the storytelling.

Trying to explain the premise and how the science of the book works seems to have slown down the first issue. 

Like you I'm interested enough to see where it goes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS