HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:06:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CAPTAIN AMERICA  (Read 19502 times)
troyfreund
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 05:49:08 PM »

What do you guys think of "Stever Rogers: Super Soldier" and his new costume?  I really like it and think there's something nice in retiring the chain-mail/original outfit.  How exciting!  http://www.newsarama.com/comics/steve-rogers-super-soldier-100416.html
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM »

I like it, but I would rather have Buck'ster in this one and let Cap get his back. I am sure that will happen down the line (at least Steve getting his back).

It is just NOT Captain America looking and Steve IS Captain America.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 05:46:29 PM »

I like it, but I would rather have Buck'ster in this one and let Cap get his back. I am sure that will happen down the line (at least Steve getting his back).

It is just NOT Captain America looking and Steve IS Captain America.

Agreed.  Based on their history and their individual personalities, Steve seems more natural draped in the Flag and visibly leading the troops into battle at the castle door, while Buck is at his best sneaking around in the shadows in dark uniform slitting the throats of the guards behind the wall.

However, that being said, I do find the reversal to be an intriging concept with a lot of rich potential for storytelling.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 06:51:08 PM »

Too true.

And Cap having a gun, this way, makes a lot more sense.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 02:14:24 AM »

Anyone reading the current arc?  Is the Zemo arc worth picking up?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 05:50:10 PM »

Coming out in October

CAPTAIN AMERICA #611
Written by ED BRUBAKER
Penciled by BUTCH GUICE
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Vampire Variant by GERALD PAREL
The Trial of Captain America begins here! Nothing will ever be the same again, and this time we mean it. Award-winning writer Ed Brubaker and acclaimed artist Butch Guice continue to take Captain America to new heights!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 08:58:22 PM »

Vampire variants?.....FAIL.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 09:50:27 PM »

Vampire variants?.....FAIL.

LOL - I am so with you on that.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 01:44:59 PM »

Anyone reading the current arc?  Is the Zemo arc worth picking up?

No one reading anymore?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »

CAP Issue #5

Been so long since we had a post here, there was a different Cap in uniform  Grin

Issue #5 was very lackluster. I hate to say that as I am a huge fan of Brubaker but that is exactly what it was, lackluster. Now I know Bru and I also know that though this may be the end of a storyline, it is hardly the end. Bru sets up future happenings better than anyone, so I know we have not seen the last of Bravo ... and I hope not the Dreamworld.

Still, for an end (beginning), I wanted a little more.

Not to mention the art work sharing. I guess McNiven was way behind and needed help.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 01:30:29 PM »

Cap Issue #7

Do you remember reading Cap in the 70's? Well I sure do and it feels like I am doing it again with this current series, and that is a good thing.

With the addition of Alan Davis, this titles just explodes classic Cap. I mean sure Hydra is there. Zemo? Of course. Falcon? In all his red and white, bird talking, flying glory. But they have been there before. No, this is about look and feel. Sure, Bru is taking us back to the old days with stuff like the Madbomb, but the look, that look is taking me way back. Bringing back the good ole days.

This book may be a 2012 book, but it feels like

I have to go wash up, I have classic all over my face.
(That didn't come out in print as well as it did in my head)
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:56:18 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS