HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:32:17 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BATMAN  (Read 57026 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 07:22:06 AM »

Totally disappointed in issue #6.  All that great build up kinda squandered in my opinion.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 11:34:49 AM »

Totally disappointed in issue #6.  All that great build up kinda squandered in my opinion.

Uh-Oh. Still have about 6 days until I get my copy ... kinda scaring me, man.  Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 01:23:43 PM »

Totally disappointed?  I liked the issue.  I thought it was a decent end for Act 1 of this story.  And I found it really creepy.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 03:38:09 PM »

Batman is not a pushover by any means, but Talon is and should have been a more formidable opponent.  Especially since Batman was not at full strength.  All of a sudden after days roaming in the labyrinth, he's lucid and has power behind his punches?  Meh.

And I really do like the Court of Owls, but pacing-wise, especially with most storylines being written specifically for trade....there was no decent payoff.  After 6 issues, I'd expect something more of a resolution.  But instead I get the Owls hooting and whispering, and more questions.  Fell pretty flat.

That's just me though. Wink
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:39:35 PM by G:The Last Man » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 04:11:33 PM »

ISSUE #10

Shocked

Snyder is showing he has power ... at DC  Grin Wow. So
Bruce has a younger brother and the dude is crazy
I like it. I like how Snyder set it up. I like the reveal. I liked the issue, but for some reason it didn't have the PUNCH I was expecting a big reveal like that to have. I avoided all spoilers so I could be "as shocked" as the internet was, but it didn't floor me.

Is this just another sign of my decline of enjoyment in the superhero books or are others left also without expression in this reveal?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 06:23:14 PM »

Thankfully I did not know there was going to be a reveal but it was more like a "hmmm. wow." than a "WOW!!".

I like the idea but want to get the rest of the story flushed out before I decide how much.  This is why:

I'm hoping his origin isnt out of character for the Wayne's.  If the explanation for his abandonment is plausible then it's the making of a great new Batman villain.  If its not plausible, then I'll roll my eyes.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 11:49:59 PM »

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 11:52:05 PM »

From the man who brought us the Court of Owls.

I had a geekgasm when I saw it.  So glad I read that first arc in Detective.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 11:55:42 PM »

More....

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39498

"When Scott told me that he'd written a Joker story for our next arc, I couldn’t contain my excitement," said Capullo. "Talk about a dream come true! For me, the Joker is the ultimate rogue and the villain I most wanted to draw. I gotta tell you, after hearing what the story is about, this isn't a dream come true. It's a nightmare! A macabre and bloody, flesh crawling nightmare. We hope you'll have the nerve to face what's coming. Warning: It ain't for the faint of heart!"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:00:37 AM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2012, 01:33:07 AM »

While I am not a huge Tony Daniels 'the writer' fan (He comes off almost Frank 'I am the God Damn Batman" Miller'esque at times to me) I thought his first 52 Joker story had its moments. Not enough to keep me on the book, mind you  Cheesy, but wasn't as bad as say ... the writing from artist J.H Williams (who even had help) on Batwoman.

Certainly interested in seeing what Snyder will do and I hope Capullo gets just a little Spawn-ness in his artistic take on the insanity that is the Joker

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2013, 04:03:40 PM »

No ones talking about Snyders Joker arc?

Me included.  I think it got deluded by becoming an event in all the bat books.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 03:50:29 AM »

Talking about it? No. Loving it? Yes

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2013, 10:44:32 PM »

can someone spoil me on the end of the death of the family storyline?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2013, 01:52:52 AM »

can someone spoil me on the end of the death of the family storyline?

Over-simplifying it, but -
Joker has all of the Bat folks (Robin, Dick, Barbara, etc...) tied to chairs at a table. All but Batman have their heads wrapped in gauze. Joker lifts up the serving tray cover to reveal that he has cut off all if the Bat folk's faces. This is quickly shown to be a trick. Alfred, after being kidnapped much earlier in the arc, then appears under the influence of Jokers laughing gas. Soon, while Batman chases Joker, all the Bat folks lose control and fall prey to the gas. They work their way through it, of course. Batman and Joker have a "final" meeting where Batman tells Joker that he knows the Joker's real name (or he is about to tell the Joker anyway ... can't remember now). Joker falls into a chasm. Batman and Alfred discuss things that wrap up the arc.

That's pretty close to what happened.
 Grin

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2013, 08:15:09 PM »

so who was the actual "death"?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS