HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:30:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BATMAN  (Read 57028 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 06, 2012, 04:43:47 AM »

BATMAN Issue #4

Let me get this out of the way right now ... Johns who? Morrison who? The answer is Snyder. As in Scott Snyder. DC's best writer on payroll. Not only is his AMERICAN VAMPIRE a good book, no, a great book, so is his work on SWAMP THING ... oh, and this little book named BATMAN.

Not to mention one of my favorite artists, Capullo, is doing some fantastic stuff as well.

The Court of Owls, and their assassin the Talon, have me going up a wall. I am so damn curious I can hardly wait for issue after issue of this title. Oh and is Bat's grand father not as crazy as they thought ... hmmm?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 03:58:48 PM »

Perry - are you going to keep getting this when the price goes up to $3.99 with issue #8?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 04:10:10 PM »

Yep.

Dropped DETECTIVE (partly due to the increase) but not this baby. And with our discount at DCBS, it is still only $2.39. Plus, gotta be honest, as much as I hate $3.99 pricing, and have told Brubaker thanks for keeping his stuff at $3.50, Snyder could get $4.99 from me on every book he writes.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 02:07:39 AM »

Out of the loop...whatever happened to "drawing the line at $2.99"
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 02:11:20 AM »

Still $2.99 for all the 20 page books, I believe

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 01:44:18 AM »

I picked up issue 5 at the LCS tonight (still waiting on issues 1,2,3,&4 to come in the mail.)

So as I'm checking out, the hot girl running the cash register says "Oh, this weeks Batman is AWESOME!  Your gonna think there's a misprint but there's not. It's supposed to be that way."

My first thought was - Wow - why weren't there hot girls like this who love comic books around 25 years ago when I was young enough to date them instead looking like a dirty old man flirting with a 20 year old.  Then I thought, Hey! Perry must be right about this Batman comic!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 02:19:52 AM »

Cheesy

Why you think I suggested it? It is not JUST a good book, it is a hook-up maker. Hell, I have three college cuties sitting on my lap as I type this. Age is just a number, man

Getting the wife to not shoot me ... that is where the trick lies.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 03:09:41 AM »

Yep.  And my wife is a 5th generation Texan.  Oh yeah - she doesn't miss when she shoots!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 12:27:23 AM »

Yes!  My Batman comics arrived today.

Wait....what.....what....what's this?Huh

Issue #1 is missing?Huh   What's this note.....OUT OF STOCK?Huh?  CANCELLED FROM MY ORDER?Huh?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank the stars eBay has it.  Now I have to wait another week before I can start reading this series!!!!!

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 12:34:41 AM »

Thank the stars eBay has it.  Now I have to wait another week before I can start reading this series!!!!!

Whatcha pay if you don't mind me asking?.....I could've checked with my comic guy for a copy for you!  Don't be afraid to use us folks at HR as a comic resource too!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »

Don't mind at all.  $5.99 plus $3 shipping ($8.99 for the math impaired).

My comic shop was selling it for $8 so I figured for $1.00 more I'd go ahead and order it.

I'd be curious to see what your guy has it selling for.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 01:03:13 PM »

Issue #1 is missing?Huh   What's this note.....OUT OF STOCK?Huh?  CANCELLED FROM MY ORDER?Huh?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man that sucks  Angry They should at least send you an e-mail first.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 03:29:45 AM »

My comic guy has it for $5, so I'd say you got a fair deal Jeff...

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 02:05:58 AM »

Issue 1, 2 & 3.

I like it.  Snyder has a good feel for Bruce's voice.  He almost "sounds" like the Batman from the animated series.

Nice build on the mystery and I like the explanation for where the secret lairs of the Court of Owls are.

I'm definately pulled into this series.  I'm getting ready to read 4 & 5 now but wanted to drop in with a quick thumbs up.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 02:07:42 AM »

I like the explanation for where the secret lairs of the Court of Owls are.

Thought that was really cool as well.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS