HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:25:30 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - December 14th  (Read 9627 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 14, 2011, 01:33:12 PM »

My haul hitting my door this week -

AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #2
DEFENDERS #1
MOON KNIGHT #8
PUNISHER #6
NEW AVENGERS #19

DETECTIVE COMICS #4
ANIMAL MAN #4
BATMAN AND ROBIN #4
BATWOMAN #4
BATGIRL #4
GREEN LANTERN #4
SWAMP THING #4

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 05:28:10 PM »

On its way to my door....

ANIMAL MAN #4 
AVENGERS X-SANCTION #1 (OF 4) 
BATGIRL #4 
BATMAN AND ROBIN #4 
BATWOMAN #4 
DEFENDERS #1 
FABLES TP VOL 16 SUPER TEAM (MR) 
GREEN LANTERN #4 
LEGION LOST #4 
NEW AVENGERS #19 
RESURRECTION MAN #4 
SHIELD #4 (OF 6) 
STAR TREK/LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #3 (OF 6) 
STORMWATCH #4 
ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #4 
UNCANNY X-FORCE #18 
WALKING DEAD #92 (MR) 
X-FACTOR #228 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 05:36:43 PM »

Also picking up at the LCS

MAGNETO NOT A HERO #2
SUICIDE SQUAD #4

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 07:08:23 PM »

Hey Jeff, You going to pick up the SWAMP THING issues that crossover with ANIMAL MAN?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 08:50:47 PM »

Ah - I didn't realize they were going to cross over.  Then the answer will be YES.   Grin

What issue does that start with?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:57:03 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 09:03:08 PM »

Ah - I didn't realize they were going to cross over.  Then the answer will be YES.   Grin

I think it "crosses over" in issue 7 or maybe 8, but they are both working the same path to it (fighting "the Rot")  in issues 6

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 09:21:33 PM »

Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist #1 - Been looking forward to this, even though I'm incredibly jealous I'm not writing it.  And just $1 for the first issue!

O.M.A.C. #4 - Easily my favorite 52 title I've read.  No contest.

'68: Jungle Jim One Shot - I like the regular mini, I'll see how this goes.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 09:29:07 PM »

O.M.A.C. #4 - Easily my favorite 52 title I've read.  No contest.

While I greatly appreciate the art style and the basis for the story, Didio's writing is no-where close to to being anything I want to read.

We are far apart on this one, my man. Faaaaar apart.  Grin

Just pick up some old OMAC books or some KAMANDI and be all the better for it I say.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 09:41:38 PM »

I think it "crosses over" in issue 7 or maybe 8, but they are both working the same path to it (fighting "the Rot")  in issues 6

Man - I'm tempted to go back and pick Swamp Thing up but....man...I get too many titles already.....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 10:02:11 PM »

Man - I'm tempted to go back and pick Swamp Thing up but....man...I get too many titles already.....

I understand that completely  Grin but if ever there was a writer to do it for it would be Snyder. Especially on anything horror/dark related. Ever read any of his AMERICAN VAMPIRE? If not, one year when your trade buying is low  Wink, flip through vol 1 and see if you can resist buying it. Bet ya can't  Smiley. Great stuff.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 11:25:42 PM »

Batgirl #4....that's it, just one sad, lonely little comic for Rodney
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 03:32:46 AM »

I've GOT to stop dropping into the LCS or listening to Perry.  I am so weak.

SWAMP THING #1
SWAMP THING #2
SWAMP THING #3
SWAMP THING #4

That's right.  They had all 4.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 03:48:18 AM »

I've GOT to stop dropping into the LCS or listening to Perry.  I am so weak.

SWAMP THING #1
SWAMP THING #2
SWAMP THING #3
SWAMP THING #4

That's right.  They had all 4.

Cheesy
Oh wow, good pull
(any second now the quilt will hit me)
 Smiley

Undecided
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 03:58:04 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 04:28:43 AM »

I still have barely scratched the surface of my last shipment and these are at the bottom of the stack.  And all the above should be here Monday.  Guess I know what I'll be doing over Christmas!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 04:39:47 AM »

Smiley
I will be totally surprised if you don't enjoy SWAMP THING more than ANIMAL MAN. I enjoy them both as they are heading on a great collision course, but ST is a much more solid book on its own. Can't wait to hear what you think.
 Smiley

(Of course, my issue 4's are not here yet)  Angry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS