HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:07:56 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Teen Titans: Games  (Read 8830 times)
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« on: August 25, 2011, 04:57:40 AM »

Loved the Preview!

Why can't DC give me these characters. I like a more mystic Raven not trying to be goth or young or hip or emo. The only thing I want is Donna's costume toned down, but I like the throwback and the style.

I am on board!!!

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 10:35:01 AM »

Loved it! I forgot how annoying Danny Chase could be Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 03:05:35 PM »

I want to relay a little feeling here, so bare with me ....

So, I have this puppy in my hands and already I am feeling a little ... giddy. I am holding a book that contains the Titans that I shall always love. They will forever hold a spot in my heart and here they are, once again, in my hands. Sadly, for the last time. I can't describe how sobering that moment.

So now I open this book and start reading the forward, writing by Wolfman, and I am thrown back to my early-teen years within seconds. Wolfman, by just talking about the past, brings me back to the place where I first discovered the one eyed character by the name Deathstroke, to where my eyes laid witness to the mighty Trigon, and reminded of how my mind was enthralled by the fellowship of Brother Blood. Without mentioning any of these characters, I am taken there.

Then I turn the page.

The first page, even though in essence nondescript, had my head spinning (figuratively) and my heart racing (actually). I had to stop and write this. This post without meaning nor merit. This post written just to show the world, or at least this small portion of it, how much the Titans meant to me.

This book just brings all that feeling rushing through my body. Sappy? yes, admittedly, but JUST that powerful.

I am off now, to finish reading this book. This book, about this team, by these creators, that ties into so much of my youth ... that I am now scared to reopen it. I want my memories to be untarnished but this book, this lone book, has the opportunity to crush me.

I am hoping it does not.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 06:13:23 PM »

Ok - I'm going to go get this today.  Wofman/Perez's Teen Titans are what sucked me into buying comics on a monthly basis.  I still have those early issues and can't wait to have that feeling again.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 03:35:22 AM »

Perry,

I feel you, and I want to know what you thought of the book.

It reminded me of how well written the characters were. It is even mentioned later that each of them depicted having lives outside of being Titans. What ever happened to supporting characters who truly mattered to the story and the main characters. It made me think, the last version of the Teen Titans was based on the concept of kids hanging out on the weekend-- in 100 issues there was very little covered on what they did during the week. Now, they could have made the characters stronger for us to know their lives.

I enjoyed the book. It didn't give me everything such as the girl bonding moments or that one scene of Donna saying I Have A Plan.

Love to hear my thoughts...

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 07:18:46 PM »

Just finished re-reading it and still love it!
But why is Danny drawn like a girl?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 05:30:34 AM »

I forgot to co e back and report but yes - I loved it too.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 06:35:11 AM »

I found it nostalgic ... little else

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 06:02:21 PM »

And that's why I loved it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 08:26:48 PM »

And that's why I loved it.

Good point.  Grin Didn't hate it, for sure, and there was plenty of meat on the plate, I guess I just wanted a better cut.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 01:40:34 AM »

I enjoyed the trip back in time and now we know how "she" died, but I found the overall story choppy and hard to follow. Too much jumping around that detracted from the overall story.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS