HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:03:29 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the RED LANTERNS thread  (Read 6440 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: November 07, 2011, 09:34:44 PM »

from DC's blog...

3 Things You Didn’t Know About RED LANTERNS

There is a place on the dark side of Ysmault — home of the Red Lanterns — where the air is heavy with the smell of death, and the plants are dark and twisted. Long before Bleez, before Zilius Zox and Dex Starr and Skallox, this is where Atrocitus buried his failed experiments. He’d been trying to create his Red Lantern corps–but the first attempts were failures: too insane, too abysmal, to be allowed to live. More lurks here than Atrocitus ever imagined…

Talking of Skallox, few people are aware that Skallox tried to join the equivalent of a dating agency on his home planet, with truly horrific consequences. The terrible story of this unhappy affair will be revealed soon.

And what of Bleez?  She may have undergone the terrible transformation of the Red Lanterns but in issue three a baptism in  Blood Ocean rekindles her intelligence, and her demons.  But will Bleez will  be satisfied at being Atrocitus’ loyal number two? Or will there come a time when the Red Lanterns of Ysmault will have to make a decision? Bleez or Atrocitus. Youth or experience?

Or will an unholy alliance between an Earth-born Red Lantern and a terrible creature from Atrocitus’s past force Atrocitus and Bleez to put aside their differences for good?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 05:38:48 PM »

After reading my friends copy of issue 2 ... I find nothing here that interests me.

And how does one maintain the emotion of RAGE? It is like one guy I overheard talking ... do they just yell everything to each other when they talk?
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 11:51:36 PM »

I was surprised that the Red Lanterns have their on series. The concept is cool and the characters are mildly interesting, but Perry does have a point. I don't see this lasting past a second year.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 11:39:39 PM »

TBP Vol 1, 2, and 3.

Wow. Great books.  Volume 3 being the best.  Atrocitus has quickly become one of my favorite DC characters.

I am so glad I picked these up.  Peter Milligan does a wonderful job with these characters.  I am seriously considering adding this to the pull list.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 02:22:27 AM »

While I had the complete opposite reaction to the first 3 issues I tried, I can almost promise if you do decide to do ...

I am seriously considering adding this to the pull list.

... you will not regret it. Charles Soule is the current writer since issue #21 and he is just a fantastic writer.

Can't wait for his INHUMAN and probably getting his SHE-HULK even though I am not, in anyway, a fan of that art.

I have heard nothing but great stuff about his Red Lantern run.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 10:54:35 PM »

Issues #21 - 24.

The quality of the book hasn't dropped with the change in writers.  My only gripe is.......

.....there is no way Guy Gardner could beat Atrocitus so easily.

Other than that though, I am enjoying what I'm reading.

Art isn't as good as Miguel Angel Sepulveda's was but its not bad art either.

Three more issues to go and then I'm caught up.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 11:06:50 PM »

EDIT - Maybe a spoiler for you also Jeff ... not sure what you have read or what you know, so be careful ....

Soule's idea of
giving Supergirl a red ring is brilliant
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:35:42 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »

EDIT - Maybe a spoiler for you also Jeff ... not sure what you have read or what you know, so be careful ....

Soule's idea of
giving Supergirl a red ring is brilliant

I knew that going in and was one of the main reasons I wanted to check it out.  I haven't go there yet but I can't wait!

EDIT:  I'm caught up to issue #27 and it hasn't happened yet but I think its coming in next issue.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:00:25 PM by Jeff » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS