HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:32:55 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DCnu Green Lantern  (Read 7724 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: September 18, 2011, 12:08:53 AM »

Released this past Wednesday.

Written by GEOFF JOHNS; Art by DOUG MAHNKE and CHRISTIAN ALAMY;
Cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO; Variant cover by GREG CAPULLO

The red-hot GREEN LANTERN team of writer Geoff Johns and artist Doug Mahnke introduce an unexpected new Lantern.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 04:48:56 AM by Jeff » Logged
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 12:10:43 AM »

Got it, read it, and want my money back. It was utter crap!
I thought DC was rebooting/revamping things. This arc is a continuation of the previous series.
Did Flashpoint even occur?

I am truly disappointed.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 11:05:58 AM »

I thought DC was rebooting/revamping things. This arc is a continuation of the previous series.

They call it a "soft" reboot. All the titles were reset/revamped except for the titles that were selling well. In this case, the Batman and GL family's are the titles that continued with little change. Bat-girl being the obvious exception.

Got it, read it, and want my money back. It was utter crap! ....
I am truly disappointed.

Crap? Why so, good sir? I haven't read it yet, so I may not read your response for a few  Grin, but was it just because it didn't start over and that made you disappointed or was there something (art/writing) else?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 01:47:09 PM »

I thought it was fine. A typical setup issues for a new arc.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 04:30:46 PM »

Yeah, not really sure why Rodney is so sore. It didn't blow it out of the water, but it is an issue #1 so they seldom do.
What's up, Rodney?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 05:00:20 PM »

I guess Rodney doesn't want to tell us why he no likey.
 Undecided

Wink

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »

I guess when something is hyped as a reboot, I expect change and a fresh perspective. Justice League #1 is a good example. We are starting with the formation of the team, origin of a new/old character and the first meeting with Superman. I don't see that with GL. I see a temporary break after the War of the Green Lanterns for Flashpoint (which I enjoyed for the most part) and then a return the original storyline (with a new, inferior artist).

Plus, if the entire DCnU is starting with #1s and everything is suppose to be in "real time", why is Hal the GL in JL #1? Shouldn't it be Sinestro?

I don't see where this particular title was a fresh look at anything. And that is why I am disappointed.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 12:14:02 PM »

Oh, okay. I get ya.  Smiley

DC is kinda confusing right now, as far as both reboot and time line goes. Again, GL and Bats pretty much were left untouched while the rest of the DCU were tweaked or totally redone. Add in that some titles are in the past (like JLA) and at least one set 5 years prior to that (ACTION) and it gets kinda "what'ish"

Still, having said that, I thought the issue itself was a good start, even if it wasn't a total restart.

nsm13her
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »

Just a bit opposite inside comparative to its cover.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 04:52:14 AM »

Issue #4

Good issue.  I'm wondering, where is Geoff Johns going with this arc?  Do we think he's actually going to reform Sinestro in the end?  Or is that a what we're supposed to think and something really bad is heading our way?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 01:16:52 PM »

No reform happening inside these pages. Sinestro is doing what he has always done, protect his planet even if it is in the wrong way.

We will see a return of Paralax it appears, as Hal flew into the yellow lantern before sundown and thus ... something happened.
 Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 09:05:54 PM »

Watched the "not so good, yet not terrible" GL movie again last night. All though the second viewing didn't make me change my opinion of the movie, it did re-invigorate my passion for the GL books. It saved GL Corps from being yanked from my pull.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS