HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:33:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The DCnU list of #1s  (Read 26972 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 12:52:00 AM »

Updated ..... with three shocking changes. Well, two at least
 Shocked

Ones I am getting -

All-Star Western
Aquaman
Batgirl
Batman
Batman and Robin
Batwoman
Blue Beetle
Catwoman
DC Universe Presents
Detective Comics
Frankenstein (SHADE)
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Grifter
Justice League
Justice League International
Legion Action Comics
Legion Lost Superman
Nightwing
Resurrection Man
Savage Hawkman
Stormwatch
Swamp Thing
Voodoo Batman - Dark Knight
Wonder Woman

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 02:53:54 AM »

Updated ..... with three shocking changes. Well, two at least
 Shocked

Ones I am getting -

All-Star Western
Aquaman
Batgirl
Batman
Batman and Robin
Batwoman
Blue Beetle
Catwoman
DC Universe Presents
Detective Comics
Frankenstein (SHADE)
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Grifter
Justice League
Justice League International
Legion Action Comics
Legion Lost Superman
Nightwing
Resurrection Man
Savage Hawkman
Stormwatch
Swamp Thing
Voodoo Batman - Dark Knight
Wonder Woman

I think hell has frozen over.  I liked it better when you were childish and pigheaded! 

kiddin of course!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 03:44:52 AM »

Wow!  I would not have dropped Legion Lost.  I jar a feeling that title will be the key to getting things back to normal.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 07:54:59 PM »

I liked it better when you were childish and pigheaded! 

Cheesy
Yeah, me too. I just can't see this staying. I got a hair up my butt and decided to take a chance on a "new" Super-Pooper, but it just doesn't look right on my pull. The last time I tried was during JMS (and we all know how well that worked out) and I just don't see this remaining as is.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 07:57:29 PM »

Wow!  I would not have dropped Legion Lost.  I jar a feeling that title will be the key to getting things back to normal.

I know. Shouldn't drop even if it isn't going to be a catalyst or important to new going back to old. Probably going to add it back. Just doesn't feel like I can keep the man of steel, character of paper on my pull.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 10:37:34 PM »

I am getting a total of 3 books for sure...

Justice League
Superman
Resurrection Man

I might try Aquaman...scared though because most likely it's gonna suck once Geoff Johns leaves if Flash, JSA, and Teen Titans are any indiciation.  Hawkman is on the maybe list too, because the character was cool back when Johns, Palmiotti, and Gray had their hands on the character.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2011, 01:35:03 PM »

I might try Aquaman...scared though because most likely it's gonna suck once Geoff Johns leaves if Flash, JSA, and Teen Titans are any indiciation.

So drop it when Johns leaves.  No reason you should miss the great stories he'll write in the beginning!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2011, 01:37:02 PM »

Did anyone get the free preview issue in your pull this week?

I may have to break down and add Batwoman and Hawkman to the list.  They look really cool.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2011, 03:13:03 PM »

Haven't see it yet, but speaking of adding and good art ... and going the complete opposite direction ...  Grin .... regardless of whether I come to my senses and drop Superman and Action, I am dropping the Legion books. Just saw the art and me no likey ... Jumping off before I get too involved.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2011, 05:44:59 PM »

Yeah I'm thinking that too but I'll pick up Legion Lost just for Wildfire and Dawnstar (my two favorite Legionairres).

Levitz looks like he's more interested in this Legion Acadamy thing and I have no interest in new characters.  The Legion is already big enough with great characters to explore.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2011, 05:55:20 PM »

Yeah I'm thinking that too but I'll pick up Legion Lost just for Wildfire and Dawnstar (my two favorite Legionairres).

Wildfire was always my favorite also. Not sure I like the anorexic looking Wildfire however so I am staying away. But damn I hope it is good.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS