HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:56:10 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smallville...the Final Season Thread  (Read 13438 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 04:54:18 PM »

I enjoyed the episode.  Usually flashback episodes where we relive moments from past seasons are pretty forced.  This was done pretty well.  Looks like the show is finally getting somewhere, with Clark moving on and living in the present.

Also, Erica Durance is damn sexy... Grin

HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 12:41:25 AM »

All I gotta say is....Erica Durance in that Isis outfit......wow! Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 01:17:08 AM »

All I gotta say is....Erica Durance in that Isis outfit......wow! Grin

Oh Yeah!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 03:17:47 AM »

Just in case everyone was wondering what I was talking about.... Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 02:47:07 PM »

Wow.  Friday nights episode was awful.  Poor writing and poor editing.

Almost unwatchable except for the introduction of Michael Hogan (Colonel Tie from Battlestar Galactica) as Slade Wilson.  He should be a fun Deathstroke in coming episodes.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 02:18:34 AM »

Wow.  Friday nights episode was awful.  Poor writing and poor editing.

Almost unwatchable except for the introduction of Michael Hogan (Colonel Tie from Battlestar Galactica) as Slade Wilson.  He should be a fun Deathstroke in coming episodes.

Oh yeah - and the girl playing Mera looked hot - that was cool too.   Wink

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 06:14:23 AM »

AQUAMAN!!!!!! Love that guy.

Surprisingly, I'm digging the hell out of this show now. All pumped on nostalgia, all the big boom knowledge bombs getting dropped in this final season, and the fact that this is the only place for me to get my Superman fix makes this a winner!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 07:42:16 PM »

I loved Mera's character. She was brash, regal and a total wench. LOVED it Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 10:30:01 PM »

Live action ULTRAMAN to appear in this weeks parallel earth Smallville!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 04:07:16 PM »

Anyone check out last friday's Booster Gold episode?  It was a fun episode even though Blue Beetle's armour was a little plastic looking.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:32:39 PM by Jeff » Logged

Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 02:28:23 AM »

Been watching since say one, so quitting now would be foolish, even though episodes like these make me want to.  Okay, that's a little harsh as the cheesy, over the top machimismo and "what it takes to be a hero" cliche is pretty much Booster's only major act, so it's to be expected, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.  And yeah, Blue Beatle like Doctor Fate looked more like a walking action figure than anything realistic.

Still, far better than Zatana getting everyone drunk.  There are levels of bad I didn't think even Smallvile could sink to.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 11:45:51 AM »

Finale

Well, that's it.  Final episode is in the bag.

What did you think?

The over use of the Superman movie music killed it for me.  New heights of cheese were reached and I didn't think it was possible.

Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 02:30:13 AM »

3 years ago I would have called this the perfect cheesy ending to the series.  Today, not so much.  As the show morphed from "young superman" to "DCU year one" I found myself enjoying it more.  Hence the total absence of pretty much everyone left me empty.  I didn't expect anything large, but some scenes of crowd control.  Antoher Martian Manhunter heart to heart.  Still, the rest was pretty out there: how Darkseid / Apokilps was actually defeated, (That was pretty dumb even for this show), the gold kryptonite play (just palm it and shake his hand), the excessive use of flashbacks (though I'll take the movie music), and yet again, no real action scene with the big bad.  I didn't expect much from this show, but it was all style no substance.

On the other hand, I fraking called it.  I predicted precisly how the final scene of the series would go 7 or 8 years ago, and dangit they had it almost shot for shot.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS