HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 08:14:37 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fox Cancels Human Target, Passes On Locke & Key  (Read 4124 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 12, 2011, 05:52:59 PM »

Amid a flurry of pickups and cancellations, Fox dropped the ax on Human Target and passed on the pilot Locke & Key, an adaptation of the acclaimed horror comic by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the network also chopped the new Christian Slater comedy Breaking In, Shawn Ryan’s freshman police drama The Chicago Code, the Tim Roth drama Lie to Me and the buddy comedy Traffic Light. Deadline points out that Fringe may have gotten lucky with its early renewal, as no other bubble shows received a reprieve.

Fox did, however, pick up four series: Alcatraz, J.J. Abrams’ crime drama revolving around a team investigating the reappearance of the prison’s 1960s inhabitants in the present; The Finder, a Bones spinoff about a military-trained “finder” who locates lost people and items in the Florida Keys; The New Girl, a comedy starring Zooey Deschanel as a quirky teacher who moves in with three guys; and I Hate My Teenage Daughter, about two women whose daughters act just like the girls that picked on them in high school.

The cancellation of Human Target — an action drama loosely based on the DC Comics property — while not exactly surprising, still became an overnight trending topic on Twitter. The series premiered in January 2010 with 10.12 million viewers, a figure that dropped to 7.2 million by the season finale. The decline continued in Season 2, until it was buoyed in its final three episodes by an American Idol lead-in.

Locke & Key, a supernatural thriller produced by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (Star Trek, Fringe), had generated plenty of buzz — the pilot was described as “beautiful” and “magical” — but there were indications in the past couple of weeks that Fox had cooled on the project. All is not lost, though: The Hollywood Reporter indicates the pilot, which starred Miranda Otto, Jesse McCartney, Nick Stahl and Sarah Bolger, could be shopped to another network.
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 08:58:02 PM »

Fox is the absolute worse when it comes to adding and dropping shows...they sure love the whole "let's throw it at the wall and see if it sticks" mentality. That's showbiz...bottom line rules. I know Human Target wasn't the best, but I enjoyed it, plus you guys talked so highly of Breaking In. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 11:14:34 AM »

Oh a repeat topic.
 Grin

With the added news that LOCKE & KEY will not be picked up? CRAP. Hoping it heads to AMC or FX. Anywhere but the other big 3 stations. No ABC, CBS or NBC (who just decided not to pick up that new WONDER WOMAN ... whew).

Of course ... hoping it heads somewhere should come first.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 09:43:07 PM »

Are there any long standing shows on Network tv anymore?

I have certain shows on cable-- may take a while to air but I know they are there.

Hmmm...

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 12:04:10 AM »

If you guys are interested in a petition to save Breaking In then there's this: http://www.change.org/petitions/save-breaking-in

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a Human Target one.
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 04:09:53 AM »

Ya know,

I really liked Human Target, and I was just starting to get into Breaking In. Stop with the cancellations and work on making shows better. They will just throw more cheap copies of these shows at us next season.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS