HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:44:19 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BET's Black Panther cartoon  (Read 4705 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 09, 2011, 11:54:19 PM »

WORST.CARTOON.EVER.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 09:46:33 AM »

Cheesy

Well that's not really fair as it is not a cartoon, but you are not a fan, huh?  Grin

I will say it is the most poorly styled motion comic of all the ones I have seen (except for the Buffy one) and both the Juggernaut and Black Knight scenes were laughable (and dont get me started on the Panther Bike), plus I never liked the ending in the comic and ... surprisingly ... they ended it the same way here  Grin

I think, fan or not, John Romita Jr's art just doesn't transfer well to motion.

I liked it for the action scenes (early ones) and the horrendously bad African accents.
 Cheesy

Don't let this one ... movie (or whatever it was) sour you on all the other motion comics. They are all better in appearance, dialog, plot and voice acting (especially Loki in the new Thor one ... that contained no Thor  Grin), though this one is the one with the most action ... even if most of the action was ... well ...
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 03:47:05 PM »

It's not the motion that I despise. I have seen X-Men and Spider-Woman in motion, too. It was the theme song, crude art and crappy plot.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 05:44:47 PM »

Oh I understand.
After all it is (was) written by one of my infernal three ... Hudlin
 Angry

EDIT to add the Infernal Three names -
Reginald Hudlin  Angry
Marc Guggenheim  Angry
Gregg Hurwitz  Angry
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:48:59 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 08:59:42 PM »

Black Panther is being deleted from the queue...Don't know what I was thinking that it would be better as a motion comic....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS