HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:56:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thor (possible spoilers)  (Read 6996 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« on: May 06, 2011, 10:14:45 PM »

Just got back from 2-D Thor and had a good time.

Rarely was I ever a big Thor fan, but this movie is still enjoyable.

Other than wishing they'd make the characters a little deeper and have more back and forth dialog between Thor, Loki, and Odin I'd recommend it.

As far as playing up the Avengers movie, the way this movie executes it doesn't seem nearly as invasive as it was done in Iron Man 2.  They seemed to have found the right mix between a fun movie and playing up the future Avengers movie.  Though, to be honest, the hype for this Avengers movie is starting to bug me to the point I don't care about it.

But as with all Avengers movies, something happens after the credits.  Nothing really interesting this time, but something happens.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:53:13 PM »

Just got back from 2-D Thor and had a good time.

But as with all Avengers movies, something happens after the credits.  Nothing really interesting this time, but something happens.

SPILL IT!!!
Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 02:55:46 AM »

A good movie.  Light, fun, lots of heart.  Maybe not as action packed as it could have been, but certainly a worthy addition to the Marvel film set.  The Avengers stuff is a little out of place.  If it had to stand on its own it would seem very silly (even for this movie) that one of the SHEILD agents grabs a bow instead of a gun, or that Thor fought a big guy (noting it as something above the grunts he faced earlier) whose face and identity is never shown.  But, as thor is the one they probley wouldn't have been able to sell without the whole project, I'll accept it.

As for the post cedits bit:

Spoilers.

Eric what's his name (not Masterson, the older guy scientist with Jane foster) is brought to a SHEILD bunker to help them study one of their finds which may lead to near unlimited power.  The find is a cosmic cube, and in the reflection we see that Loki is controling Eric.

Certainly the most intreaguing post credit's sequance bit yet.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 05:08:55 AM »

Just saw it in IMAX 3D.  It rocks, especially in 3D.

Loved the post credit teaser too. Sam Jackson is making a career out of the after credit scenes!

Nice cameo by Hawkeye and Luke Cage.  Very short and just a wink to the audience.

Also liked the Stan Lee cameo.  It's kind of fun trying to find him in all the movies.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 05:11:55 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 12:57:11 PM »

Still have not seen this movie.

Last week we had to go out of town to Maryland for a wedding, so we spent Friday-Monday having great fun with family from across the globe. (And no theater showing THOR close enough for me to sneak off to Wink)

Upon our return, I planned my entire week to go see this yesterday (Friday). The wife wanted to go, so I had to plan around her day as well. We worked it out that the 11 AM showing at my favorite theater, the one that I really like (and it is the closest) will be perfect as it because it allows room for the rest of the days plans. We arrive with plenty of time to spare. I pull into the parking lot and, at first, get excited when I only see 2 cars. I am thinking - "How lucky is this?"

Then, within nano-seconds, it hit me. "This isn't right".

Sure enough, there is no power to the theater and they have it closed for the day !!!!
 Angry

And sure, of course, the earliest next showing at any of the other theaters is 1:50 PM. Which would have killed the days plans and stuff we needed to get done.

Sooooo .... I am still waiting to see this damn movie !!!!
 Angry
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 01:30:27 PM »

When I saw at the end that Strazynski got a credit for the story I realized why I liked it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 01:41:34 PM »

When I saw at the end that Strazynski got a credit for the story I realized why I liked it.

Did you see that article about how he turned down the credit originally? He said that he just wrote the outline/plot and didn't want to take any money from the guys that actually wrote the movie (You get money from a pool for having any writing credit). All the writers sacrificed a good portion of their percentage to add his name to the list. he eventually decided to allow it, but I thought it was cool that he wasn't going to at first, knowing that the writers would get less money once his name appeared in the credits
 Cool

Cool move by both him and the writers.
 Cool

Still think he jammed DC by backing out of the two monthlies he signed on for (SUPERMAN and WONDER WOMAN) and that was a bad move, but for this, I give him props.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
BatgirlLibrarian
HR Hero

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 11:43:56 PM »

Saw it, liked it.  I know little about the Avengers and so I thought the guy with the bow was just a good shot.  Hah!

Guess I need to branch out in my reading, eh?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 06:31:04 PM »

Finally saw this.

One of the best adaptions, even with the changes (bridge, Laufey, etc...), ever.

I am a huge THOR whore ... hahaha ... and this movie did nothing but reinvigorate my love for the character(s).

Not as 'good' as IRON MAN, but a much better movie (I know that seems off)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS