HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:00:27 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Artifacts - Top Cow Event  (Read 6392 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 16, 2011, 06:06:58 PM »

Has anyone been picking this up?  Somehow it got past me and I've always loved the Top Cow characters.

Artifacts #1

The Event FIVE Years in the Making! Thirteen mystical Artifacts, including the Witchblade, the Darkness and others, guide the fate of the Top Cow Universe. For centuries, it's been whispered that bringing together all 13 Artifacts would herald mankind's destruction. But a mysterious figure has been manipulating events, laying plans to put Armageddon into motion. The final phase begins here, with the abduction of Hope, the daughter of Sara Pezzini and Jackie Estacado. What ensues will remake the entirety of the Top Cow Universe, from the Witchblade and the Darkness, to the Angelus, Magdalena, and even Cyberforce. Artifacts #1 is the perfect place for faithful readers to see their loyalty pay off, and for new readers to experience the Top Cow universe. From Top Cow Universe architect Ron Marz (Witchblade, Angelus) and Top Cow superstar artist Michael Broussard (The Darkness) comes an event series, which will literally shake the Top Cow Universe to its foundation. Also kicking off with issue #1 is the the Top Cow Origins series of backups written by Marz and drawn by a superstar collection of artists. This issue: Witchblade, by Marc Silvestri. Cover price $3.99.

Artifacts #2

The Event FIVE Years in the Making! Thirteen mystical Artifacts will guide the fate of the world. Thirteen Artifacts will destroy the world. A mysterious being has taken Hope, the daughter of Sara Pezzini, the Witchblade bearer, and Jackie Estacado, the Darkness bearer; but his intent remains in shadow. As the two frantic parents search for their missing child, other players including Dani Baptiste, the Angelus bearer, Tom Judge, Magdalena and others are brought onto the board. From Top Cow Universe architect Ron Marz (Witchblade, Angelus) and Top Cow superstar artist Michael Broussard (The Darkness) comes an event series, which will literally shake the Top Cow Universe to its foundation. Featuring The Darkness Origin backup written by Ron Marz and drawn by Dale Keown. Cover price $3.99.

Artifacts #3

Top Cow's biggest event gets even bigger! While Witchblade bearer Sara Pezzini and Darkness host Jackie Estacado form an uneasy alliance to search for their missing daughter, more of the all-powerful Artifacts are brought into play as Magdalena, Tom Judge and the Angelus join forces. But unbeknownst to any of them, the unseen villain is manipulating people and events to bring about the end of the world. From Top Cow Universe architect Ron Marz (Witchblade, Angelus) and Top Cow superstar artist Michael Broussard (The Darkness) comes an event series, which will literally shake the Top Cow Universe to its foundation. Featuring a gorgeous cover by superstar artist Kalman Andrasofszky (Dazzler, R.E.B.E.L.S.) as well as a variant cover series featuring Tom Judge by John Tyler Christopher (Witchblade). Each issue will also feature a Top Cow Origin backup written by Marz and drawn by a superstar artist. Cover price $3.99.

Artifacts #4

The first chapter of Top Cow's biggest event concludes! Artifact bearers from around the globe including Sara Pezzini, bearer of the Witchblade; Jackie Estacado, bearer of The Darkness; Dani Baptiste, bearer of The Angelus; the Magdalena, bearer of the Spear of Destiny; Tom Judge, bearer of the Rapture; and many others have found themselves pulled into an ancient struggle ignited by the kidnapping of Hope Pezzini. And now, the architect of this fateful orchestration is revealed! From Top Cow Universe architect Ron Marz (Witchblade, Angelus) and Top Cow superstar artist Michael Broussard (The Darkness) comes an event series which will literally shake the Top Cow Universe to its foundation. Cover price $3.99.

Artifacts #5

Your Second Chance to Jump In! The first chapter of Artifacts concluded with a shocking cliffhanger and the second chapter shows no sign of letting up! With all of the players on the board, the antagonist manipulating the Bearers of the Artifacts moves to complete his plan for utter annihilation of the world. But how do the members of Cyberforce fit into the machinations of the supernatural? From Top Cow Universe architect Ron Marz (Witchblade, Magdalena) and welcoming legendary artist Whilce Portacio (The Darkness, Uncanny X-Men) comes an event series, which will literally shake the Top Cow Universe to its foundation. Each issue will also feature a Top Cow Origin backup written by Marz and drawn by a superstar artist. Cover price $3.99.

Artifacts #6

The Battle Begins in Earnest! The mysterious villain's plans continue to unfold with deadly precision as Witchblade, The Darkness, Angelus, Tom Judge, and Magdalena are drawn into a conflict with the heroes of Cyberforce. But even as friends become foes, Aphrodite IV arrives with murderous intentions. Can an opponent who doesn't tire or even feel pain be defeated? From Top Cow Universe architect Ron Marz (Witchblade, Magdalena) and legendary artist Whilce Portacio (The Darkness, Uncanny X-Men) comes an event series, which will literally shake the Top Cow Universe to its foundation. Each issue will also feature a Top Cow Origin backup written by Marz and drawn by a superstar artist. Cover price $3.99.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 06:14:42 PM »

Coming Soon:

Artifacts #7

The Art of War! Distracted by the battle with Cyberforce and the android assassin Aphrodite IV, the Artifact Bearers trying to prevent the end of the Top Cow Universe are unaware that, in a distant corner of the world, the war might already be lost. The mysterious 13th Artifact Bearer holds in his hands the power to tip the scales. Has he already been seduced by the villainous architect of the master plan? From Top Cow Universe architect Ron Marz (Witchblade, Magdalena) and legendary artist Whilce Portacio (The Darkness, Uncanny X-Men) comes an event series, which will literally shake the Top Cow Universe to its foundation. Featuring a gorgeous cover by JP Leon (Winter Men, Earth X) as well as a variant cover featuring Ian Nottingham by John Tyler Christopher (Witchblade). Each issue will also feature a Top Cow Origin backup written by Marz and drawn by a superstar artist. Cover A - JP Leon Cover B - John Tyler Christopher 32pgs, FC (7 of 13) Cover price $3.99.

Artifacts #8

Mass Combat! The combined forces of the Artifact bearers aligned with Witchblade bearer Sara Pezzini and The Darkness host Jackie Estacado have reached a truce with the cybernetic heroes of Cyberforce. They've fought off the relentless assassin Aphrodite IV, but that was only the beginning. Pushed to the limit, can they defeat a force that dwarfs everything they've faced before? From Top Cow Universe architect Ron Marz (Witchblade, Magdalena) and legendary artist Whilce Portacio (The Darkness, Uncanny X-Men) bring the second chapter of the epic event series to a thunderous conclusion. Featuring a gorgeous cover by Portacio as well as a variant cover featuring Alina Enstrom by John Tyler Christopher (Witchblade). Each issue will also feature a Top Cow Origin backup written by Marz and drawn by a superstar artist. Cover price $3.99.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 06:17:52 PM »

Coming May 25th:

ARTIFACTS 9

APOCALYPSE APPROACHES! As the final act of Artifacts begins the lines have been drawn and the ultimate battle for the fate of the Top Cow Universe begins. The alliance formed by Sara Pezzini, bearer of the Witchblade and Jackie Estacado, host of The Darkness, has been battered to the edge of defeat. Meanwhile, the antagonist's machinations have gone exactly as planned and his bearers move to bring about Armaggedon to remake the world. One question remains? what role will Sara and Jackie's daughter Hope play in the end of the Universe? PLUS: Each issue will also feature a Top Cow Origin backup written by RON MARZ and drawn by a superstar artist.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 12:44:11 AM »

Never could get into the TOP COW universe, except for HUNTER/KILLER, at first ... and TOMB RAIDER of course.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 09:09:58 PM »

Never could get into the TOP COW universe, except for HUNTER/KILLER, at first ... and TOMB RAIDER of course.
 Grin

I liked the Aphrodite IX and Magdelina series (as well as Tomb Raider - or as my wife calls her, Boob Raider).   Grin

And always liked the team-ups with Tomb Raider, Witchblade, and Magdelina.

Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 10:32:49 PM »

Looks like they "borrowed" their advertising vernacular directly from Marvel and DC. "An event FIVE YEARS in the making"...."...will literally shake the ______ Universe to it's foundation!!"
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 11:06:40 PM »

Grin

For what it's worth, Phil Hester's Darkness has been fantastic.  I think you'd really like it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS