HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:35:04 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - March 16 - X-Factor Week!!  (Read 4315 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 16, 2011, 05:43:11 PM »

Coming my way this weekend!

Sarah Palin vs. the World  0 - Just because it looks funny
Zatanna 10 - Always like Paul Dini's rendition of Zatanna
BRIGHTEST DAY 22 - I like this better than Blackest Night
GI JOE INFESTATION 2 - The crossover that had so much potential...
RUSE 1 - Pre-ordered solely on Perry's love for it
UNCANNY X-FORCE 5.1 - Can't wait to see where we're going next...
X-FACTOR 217 - Continues to be at the top of my list of favorites.
Justice League Generation Lost  17 - JLI/Power girl crossover!  Fast becoming my favorite mini this year.
Justice League Generation Lost  18 - JLI/Power girl crossover!  Fast becoming my favorite mini this year.
Justice League Generation Lost  19 - JLI/Power girl crossover!  Fast becoming my favorite mini this year.
Justice League Generation Lost  20 - JLI/Power girl crossover!  Fast becoming my favorite mini this year.
Justice League Generation Lost  21 - JLI/Power girl crossover!  Fast becoming my favorite mini this year.
Power Girl 19  - JLI/Power girl crossover!
Power Girl 20 - JLI/Power girl crossover!
Power Girl 21 - JLI/Power girl crossover!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:04:42 PM »

RUSE 1 - Pre-ordered solely on Perry's love for it

Sadly, after reading SIGIL #1, I am less enthused about this line. I think Marvel is not trying very hard to make/let this series of older CrossGen succeed, as the first issue of SIGIL was BOOOORING as hell. I am also not a fan of the changes.

Plus, I have now seen the interior art of RUSE which is ... man ... not what ... just, man. You thought I was down on the MORNING GLORIES art ??
 Undecided

Hopefully the RUSE story will be better than the half hearted attempt at SIGIL. I trust Waid to bring it as he was the original writer on the original series, so I am hopeful, for the story anyway, the art ...  Angry Angry Angry  (Let's just say I miss Guice being on the interiors as well as the covers

I still suggest anyone that is out and about and happens to swing in their LCS to check and see if they have the first few issues of RUSE and check them out. The Marvel version, I believe, will be little more than a speck on the sand on a beach for the amount of effort they are putting in.

BASTARDS !!!!!
 Grin

X-FACTOR 217 - Continues to be at the top of my list of favorites.

Yeah. I've been gone too long. Canceled SIGIL and added X-Factor back on. Not that it was a hard decision  Smiley

Anywho .. Coming in two weeks -

BRIGHTEST DAY #22

FEAR ITSELF BOOK OF THE SKULL (didn't order. Is this a free giveaway type book?)
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #656
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #502
RUSE #1
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:08:56 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 11:40:31 PM »

FEAR ITSELF BOOK OF THE SKULL (didn't order. Is this a free giveaway type book?)

I think it's a $3.99 book(that's cool if DCBS is giving them out free for ya!), and after Shadowland fizzled at the end, I'm a little hesitant in picking up another miniseries.  I'll wait to see what the consensus is before I throw down the cash.

Sarah Palin vs. the World  0 - Just because it looks funny

Please tell me that you saw some preview pages that made you laugh out loud, because judging from the cover I would say the material inside would be unappealing.  Wink  Besides AP doesn't have the best track record of producing quality books for me.....Mostly cartoony without a story and dialogue to hold it up.

Here's my list:

BRIGHTEST DAY #22   
UNWRITTEN #23
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #656
28 DAYS LATER #21

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 12:16:42 AM »

I think it's a $3.99 book(that's cool if DCBS is giving them out free for ya!)

That's what I was thinking  Smiley ... until I read my e-mail 10 minutes ago that explains this as being the FEAR ITSELF PROLOGUE that I did order (Marvel just changed the name)
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 01:03:18 AM »

Joe the Barbarian #8 of 8

Chew #17

Godzilla: Kindom of Monsters #1
- (Wow, weird time for it given what's going on in Japan.  What's interesting is that when the first movie came out the Japanese people had a very emotional reaction to the destruction in that movie since it came out only 8 years after the bombs were dropped.  Wonder how folks would react now if Hollywood still does that Godzilla remake they've been talking about?  Off topic, I know.)

Guarding The Globe #4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS