HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:58:43 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kindle  (Read 4109 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 09, 2011, 01:14:01 AM »

Thinking about throwing down a couple hundred on an e-reader and was wondering if anyone has one and if they would recommend the one they have.

Pretty sure I am getting that new(ish) Kindle from Amazon for $139 (don't need the 3G), but thought I would get opinions of anyone that has it ... or a different kind.

I am tired of the weight of reading the HC's in bed and the paperbacks don't fold open as comfortable.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 02:42:51 PM »

My friends' got one for their dad (62+ years old), and he really enjoys it. Reads very well for him, not too bulky. So, it's all positives as far as I've heard.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 02:43:31 PM »

I use the kindle app on my iPad and I like it.  Like comics, it not quite the same as having the book in hand but I like having multiple books in the one device.  Plus the gratification of getting the book right when I want it is great.

Not sure if the experience is the same for the Kindle device but at $139 it is a lot cheaper.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 08:17:29 PM »

Thanks for the input, guys.
The only reason I am really looking to get one now is the Kindle has that new "non backlit" screen that "looks like true print" ... so they say ... and it is smaller, which I like. I know its not color, but until this digital comic thing gets a little more sorted out, not worrying about reading comics yet.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 08:56:01 PM »

Wow, Perry, I didn't know Remo Williams and Mack Bolan were even on the Kindle.  Grin

Not sure if I'll ever use a Kindle personally, though I hear nothing but good things.

Stories come cheaper and faster, minus a lot of dead trees.  Plus, it's been pretty good to indy artists who are looking to make some money without waiting around for a big publisher.

Yet, I've tried downloading books before and I just can't get behind them.  Somebody sends me an email that's more than three paragraphs and my eyes glaze over looking at the screen.  Just doesn't hold my attention.  Hope one day I get over that.

Also, I like bookstores.  Don't know why, being in one just really appeals to me.  *shrugs*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS