HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:59:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DAREDEVIL  (Read 13812 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 02:14:04 PM »

DAREDEVIL #21

I gotta say, as much as I enjoy what Waid is doing with Daredevil ... the costumed hero himself, not the title ... I am just not a fan of how he is handling Matt and Foggy's relationship. Waid writes Daredevil, Matt in costume, very well and he makes DD fun to read about as he goes swinging around the city. Or oddly enough, spending most of his time on this title, underground. But the way he writes Foggy and Matt in conversation, or just dealing with each other, to me, is just off. Way off.

It is really starting to get under my skin. So much so, that when I see Foggy in the book, I just instantly know that my enjoyment I had on the previous page, will soon decline as I read his dialog.

Sad, really.

5 outta 10 bickering buddies that suddenly don't know each other at all.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 04:00:36 PM »

Yeah - my enjoyment has dropped on this title quite a bit.  I'm afraid it's close to being on the chopping block.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 04:56:51 PM »

Understandable. I'm hanging on for the character (in costume) scenes now more than anything. Really a fan of DD, but my overall enjoyment is waning thanks to Matt/Foggy stuff. May be putting this lot up on Ebay before too much longer.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2013, 02:04:54 PM »

Looks like I got out of DAREDEVIL just in time. Marvel seems to have moved this into the $3.99 price range. As I suspected they would with their "extra sized" issue that jumped started it.

Look for HAWKEYE to join the $3.99 ranks soon. Probably starting with an "extra sized" issue.  Wink

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 12:24:19 PM »

Looks like I got out of DAREDEVIL just in time. Marvel seems to have moved this into the $3.99 price range. As I suspected they would with their "extra sized" issue that jumped started it.

Look for HAWKEYE to join the $3.99 ranks soon. Probably starting with an "extra sized" issue.  Wink

Damn it. Recent solits have DD back to its $2.99 price. My apologize to Marvel for jumpin' to the greedy conclusion (unless they received so much hate mail for the attempt, they changed there mind)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS