HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:29:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spider-Man Joins Marvel's First Family in March's FF #1  (Read 5073 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 09, 2011, 10:33:14 PM »

The Fantastic Four lost a member following the death of the Human Torch in January's Fantastic Four #587, and it looks like another wise-cracking, iconic Marvel Comics hero will replace him: Spider-Man.

Marvel Comics announced on Wednesday the first details of the March-debuting FF #1, the series effectively replacing Fantastic Four in the company's publishing line. "FF" stands for "Future Foundation" (a concept introduced previously in writer Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four run) with Spider-Man joining with Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Thing and "some top secret members" to save the Marvel Universe from the biggest threats. As previously announced, the creative team of Hickman and artist Steve Epting will carry over to FF.

The new title and team also has new uniforms, designed by Marko Djurdjevic. In a foreshadowing of these events, images of Spider-Man in a Fantastic Four uniform surfaced as early as last July, shortly after the Fantastic Four "Three" story was announced.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 10:55:06 PM »

My gut reaction is "ugh" but Hickman has done a good job so far so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 04:31:15 PM »

I think spidy is a natural choice for the FF...he has always been really close to them and had a very unique relationship with Johnny whci makes him a goosd replacement.  However, how many teams is he on now...2 Avengers teams plus the FF and his solo stuff...he's as busy as Wolverine Wink
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 05:04:22 PM »

Yeah, that was the reason for my reaction - the over exposure he has right now.  He has had a long standing relationship with them so I agree that it makes sense.

What do you think of the new uniforms?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 03:19:40 PM »

Those uniforms are terrible.

Way to continue the tradition to make all new unis generic, non superhero-iey looking, movie-like blah nonstandards.

Not a fan of them.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS