HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:49:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Marvel Comics at Taco Bell  (Read 5337 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 02, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »

The fast food chain is giving out four new Marvel comic book stories for a limited time. Your kids (or, you know, you) can collect the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Iron Man and Avengers comics. Each issue also includes a one-page story by Gingerbread Girl artist Colleen Coover.

All four books were edited by Nate Cosby and the creative teams are as follows: Iron Man – Brian Clevinger and Scott Wegener, Fantastic Four – Paul Tobin and Craig Rousseau, Avengers – Joe Caramanga and Derec Donovan, X-Men – Alex Zalben and Tom Grummett.

Apparently the X-Men story features the classic Xavier school and Nightcrawler! Also, although Jean Grey and Banshee are featured on the cover, they are not in the book itself. I have also been told that you may be able to purchase the comics at $1 a pop if you aren’t inclined to eat there.

Anyone think it’d be more appropriate for Subway or Blimpie to distribute stuff involving heroes?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 01:31:04 PM »

Anyone think it’d be more appropriate for Subway or Blimpie to distribute stuff involving heroes?

More appropriate?  Absolutely not.  There is nothing wrong with a business offering prizes as an incentive to customers.  If a parent doesn't want their kids to eat that junk it is up to them to say "No".  We are, after all, the adults.

I like that Marvel is doing the campaign in general.  We need a new generation to become passionate about comics to keep them going.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:30:47 PM »

I could be wrong but i think he was playing on the word "Hero" as in sandwich/sub.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 03:53:50 PM »

I could be wrong but i think he was playing on the word "Hero" as in sandwich/sub.

Doh!  I'm an idiot!   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:56:31 PM »

Doh!  I'm an idiot!   Grin

And I fully condone sucking in the next generation of comic addicts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS