HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:59:21 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises: Movie news - Catwoman & Bane!?!  (Read 7235 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« on: January 19, 2011, 05:55:24 PM »

As reported by Deadline...

BURBANK, CA, January 19, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.
“The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

BatgirlLibrarian
HR Hero

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 01:23:08 AM »

So, I like Anne Hathaway; I think she's a good actress.  But I don't want her to play Catwoman. 

However, I don't know who should.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 04:14:36 AM »

I'm more concerned about Bane.  Does anyone actually like this character?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 04:18:42 AM »

I'm more concerned about Bane.  Does anyone actually like this character?
Read Simone's Secret Six and you will LOVE the character!! No doubt!

Jimmy T since 2001
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 04:32:37 AM »

I like Tom Hardy....that guy is a riot....watch "Bronson", you'll see....

If anyone can add another layer of depth to Bane its Tom Hardy.

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 08:24:05 AM »

When you add a character like Bane, you have to wonder how the casual audience would react.

We, of course, know Bane as the man who broke the Bat. The casual movie-going audience will have a harder time wondering why they should care about this character as a villain.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 02:59:14 PM »

True Sith, but does any casual audience goer have any idea of the significance of Ras al'Ghul? If he wasn't on the West Batman tv show, then no one out there knows him.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »

The whole Bane storyline where he broke Batman's back came out during my comic book hiatus so I missed it entirely.

Since coming back to comics in 1998 I just have never had any interest in the character.  Doesn't seem interesting and his first foray on the big screen (with Uma Thurman's Poison Ivy) left me serverly undwhelmed.

That being said, Nolan has done a really good job handling the villains so far and I have no reason to believe that he won't do the same here. 

Keeping my fingers crossed.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 05:12:07 PM »

True Sith, but does any casual audience goer have any idea of the significance of Ras al'Ghul? If he wasn't on the West Batman tv show, then no one out there knows him.

Right. However, I believe people weren't focusing on the villain so much as how Bale does as Bruce/Batman. Also, from various people online and off, I got the same question asked to me... "Why didn't they choose a villain like the Joker for the first movie?"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS