HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:13:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Point...the thread  (Read 25358 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 10:34:14 AM »

Is anyone reading the ancillary Flashpoint series'?  Are they any good?  Integral to the story?

I've been tempted to go back and get the Aquaman and Captain Cold series.

I am burnt out with the Rogues, so I didn't get the Citizen Cold series. However, the Aquaman and WW series are GREAT and feed off each other.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2011, 01:09:57 PM »

Wait, Barry changes history (something he has always been leery of and would never do), forgets he did it (remembers everything else), later remembers he did it and then rights it, but still changes it?

Wow, I call Ex Machina to the extreme.

I like it because it gives DC both the start of the DCnU and a way out if/when they go back to regular DC, but man, kinda weak.

Liked the story ... it was fun, don't get me wrong, and this is no 'deal with the devil', but not real happy about the why's and what-for's

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2011, 11:44:46 PM »

Wait, Barry changes history (something he has always been leery of and would never do), forgets he did it (remembers everything else), later remembers he did it and then rights it, but still changes it?

Wow, I call Ex Machina to the extreme.

I like it because it gives DC both the start of the DCnU and a way out if/when they go back to regular DC, but man, kinda weak.

Liked the story ... it was fun, don't get me wrong, and this is no 'deal with the devil', but not real happy about the why's and what-for's

Leave it to Perry to make me dislike the story just a little less... Grin

Well to Flash's credit, he didn't remember anything until Thawne did the "mind-reset" thing....and just who was the mystery person telling Barry to merge all 3 universes together?  I think that character kinda messed up the chances of everything going back to the regular DC.... Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2011, 06:03:05 PM »

Leave it to Perry to make me dislike the story just a little less... Grin

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 02:28:53 AM »

I'm confused.  How is it Bruce and Barry know each others identities but Bruce and Hal do not?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 03:30:26 AM »

I'm confused.  How is it Bruce and Barry know each others identities but Bruce and Hal do not?

Is this power genetics or through a freak accident?   Grin

You guys have to teach me your ability to recognize obvious plot holes in storylines.

I have the memory of a goldfish..... Smiley

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 03:32:23 AM »

Ok,

Are these the same people who gave us the Superboy punch?

An entire universe unravels because a man prevented his mother's death. Where were Spectre, Dr. Fate et al? Parallax, Anti-Monitor and countless others had grand schemes, but all they really needed was Barry Allen on a whim to rewrite all of time and space?

Ok

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 04:14:41 PM »

Ok,

Are these the same people who gave us the Superboy punch?

An entire universe unravels because a man prevented his mother's death. Where were Spectre, Dr. Fate et al? Parallax, Anti-Monitor and countless others had grand schemes, but all they really needed was Barry Allen on a whim to rewrite all of time and space?

Ok

Ha!  I forgot about that Superboy punch until just now.  I guess it doesn't matter now, since it really didn't happen with the new DCU....or did it?   Huh

My head hurts. Thanks DC...That's why I don't dwell on these things too much.  Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS