HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:23:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mathew Perry's new show  (Read 3467 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 08, 2011, 08:28:20 PM »

Mr. Sunshine, Mathew Perry's new tv show looks Funny as hell.

(Plus it has my girl from BETTER OFF TED on it)
 Wink

Check it out

Forget what you may or may not think of that damn Friends show ... this looks good.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 02:21:31 AM »

It's not that I can't forget about Friends, but he is still essentially playing the same character he does in every sitcom/romcom...this dude is a one-trick pony....

Not saying this show won't be funny, but his sarcastic bewildered schtick is getting old...

Hope it does better than studio whatever on the sunset strip...that was good too.

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:20:06 PM »

Thought the show was okay.

Seemed like a bad use of Jorge Garcia though.  He's barely in the thing.  Here's hoping for more scenes later.

Mathew Perry and Allison Janney were enjoyable for me.  And the stuff with Janney's son, while over the top, I'll admit had me chuckling.

I like Andrea Anders a lot, but damn if she doesn't make me miss Better Off Ted every time I see her.  Sad

For those that missed it, you can catch the pilot here:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/214014/mr-sunshine-pilot
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 12:25:29 PM »

Sadly, this show is not going to last.

Well, on second thought, maybe not 'sadly', because after a few laughs from me during the first episode, followed by slightly fewer laughs on the second, with only a mere smirk during episode three, this show is just not funny for me.

I enjoyed Matthew Perry being Matthew Perry and still do, but ...  Undecided

And Andrea is ... just great. And yes, Tok same feeling here.  Undecided

Now EPISODES, Matt LaBlanc's new show (to side track this thread with a FRIENDS star switch  Cheesy) is just funny as hell. A great show that has me and the wife almost on the floor laughing it is so funny. One aspect of the show I find whimsical (yeah, I just used the term '"whimsical", what of it?  Angry ....  Grin) is that the amount of U.S. tv shows over the last few years, that are based, borrowed or stolen from the British airwaves, is a plot incorporated in this show. Perhaps one of the best new shows I have seen in years. However, by its very makeup, I can't see it lasting over two years, but damn are those two years going to be fun.

But, back to the show in this thread ... eh.

Grin
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 12:33:22 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS